Highway Hypnosis May Affect Scene Lights
- Red Means Stop. Bryant, Bob // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p1
Deals with the surveys released by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and the American Trauma Society in 1998 and 1999 concerning drivers who run red lights almost everyday. Statistics provided by the DOT; Effectiveness of using cameras to catch redlight runners; Groups which...
- Washington Q&A. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Aug96, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p8
Offers information on Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations on the ability of a commercial driver to make his duty status record current.
- Trucking firms face tougher testing laws. Pence, Linda L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p16
No abstract available.
- USFA Releases 2011 LODD Numbers. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/19/2012, p3
The article reports that in 2011, there were 83 firefighter deaths occurred in 33 states, a U.S. dependency, and a U.S. military facility on a foreign country, where most of the deaths happened in Texas, according to the statistics of the U.S. Fire Administration.
- Fire Administration releases 2012 firefighter fatality stats. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/7/2013, p2
The article reports on a provisional total of 83 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. announced by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) during 2012.
- USFA offers on-site arson-fire investigation reviews. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the offering of a no-cost, on-site program reviews and technical assistance to 12 arson and fire investigation units in the United States by the US Fire Administration (USFA). Requirements for the consideration of one of the 12 slots; Availability of the USFA technical assistance team...
- USFA/NFA COURSES: A FORMAT TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p167
Focuses on the training program provided by the United States Fire Administration/National Fire Department (USFA/NFA) for fire and emergency services. Details on the USFA/NFA courses; Educational opportunities of the program; Advantage of the program for working people.
- LODD Rates Show Decline. ROBERTS, MARY ROSE // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the findings of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA's) provisional 2010 firefighter-fatalities report according to which there were 85 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. in 2010.
- ANY MOMENT. // Fire Chief;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p18
The article describes how firefighters and members of the West Palm Beach Fire Rescue's Special Operations Division in Florida removed a 70-year-old crane operator who was trapped after the crane he was operating toppled over into the seawall. The part of the sidewalk collapsed under the weight...