FIRE Act Backs Two-Hatters
- Understanding the volunteer firefighter "Return to Service" law. Otto, Rebecca // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p9
The article presents legislative changes which offer flexibility for associations of volunteer fire relief to handle with return-to-service issue in Minnesota in 2013. The new eradicates the requirements on the need for members to repay any previously secured service pension before they return...
- THE MUTUAL-AID CHIEF OFFICER'S ROLE AT STRUCTURE FIRES. Comstock Jr., David "Chip" // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p14
Assesses whether the traditional use of the mutual-aid chief officer is the best practice in the United States. Provisions of National Fire Protection Association regarding volunteer fire service; Advice for fire departments considering using their mutual-aid chiefs for additional assistance;...
- IAFC report on transition in fire departments available on Web site. // Fire Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p62
The article reports on the Red Ribbon Reports released by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Volunteers and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) titled "Lighting the Path of Evolution, Leading the Transition in Volunteer and Combination Fire Departments. The report, which was...
- NVFC Names Fire Corps Director. // Fire Chief;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p18
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) hired Shawn P. Stokes as the director of the Fire Corps program. Stokes' responsibility of leading the partnership between the NVFC, the International Association of Fire Chiefs' (IAFC) Volunteer and Combination Officers Section, the...
- New laws and volunteer fire relief associations. Otto, Rebecca // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p24
The article highlights the Volunteer Fire Relief Association Working Group bill for volunteer fire relief associations in the U.S. as of September 2015. Topics discussed include the good governance practice required for relief associations, accountant certification requirements, and relief...
- Lakeside VFD plans fish fry. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/19/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p5
The article offers information on the summer fish fry event organized by Lakeside Village Area Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) and Ladies Auxiliary to be held on June 29, 2013 in Texas.
- Kicaster VFD: We need volunteers. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;12/23/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p7A
The article reports on the call of E. A. Brietzke, president of Kicaster Volunteer Fire Department's board in Texas, urging for volunteers due to shortage in the fire department.
- Hensarling announces federal dollars for Mabank Fire Department. // Malakoff News (TX);1/26/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p10A
The article reports on Congressman Jeb Hensarling's announcement of the provision of $35,340 in federal funds to the Mabank Volunteer Fire Department through the Department of Homeland Security's Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program for the improvement of operations and firefighter safety.
- THE ROAD TO THE SHREVEPORT FIRE DEPARTMENT OF THE "ROARING TWENTIES.". Sharbono, Glenda // North Louisiana History;Winter/Spring2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1/2, p3
The article discusses the historical development of the Fire Department of Shreveport, Louisiana. The founding of Shreve Town, Louisiana, Shreveport's precursor, by Captain Henry Miller Shreve near Louisiana's Red River is discussed. The specifics of the town's charter, established in 1839, are...