- SAVING FIREFIGHTERS' LIVES. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p136
Focuses the role of the National Fire Data Center of the United States Fire Administration. Management of the National Fire Incident Reporting System; Statistical reports regarding the death of firefighters; Scrutiny against the practices of the center; Approaches directed for the protection of...
- USFA releases "University Housing Fires" report. // Fire Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p49
The article discusses the highlights of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA) report "University Housing Fires (2007-2009)," which found that an estimated average of 3,800 university housing fires occurs annually in the U.S.
- USFA: Fire departments respond to structure fires within 5 minutes, 50% of the time. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p80
The article reports on the response time of fire departments in fire incidents as gathered by the Structure Fire Response Times of the U.S. Fire Administration. According to the report, which is based on the 2001 and 2002 National Fire Incident Reporting System, the response time of the fire...
- LODD Rates Show Decline. ROBERTS, MARY ROSE // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the findings of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA's) provisional 2010 firefighter-fatalities report according to which there were 85 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. in 2010.
- USFA urges fire departments to participate in census. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p84
The article reports on the encouragement of the U.S. Fire Administration for fire departments to comply in the National Fire Department Census. The census database, which can be completed online, by mail or by fax, includes basic information of fire departments including its specialized...
- USFA Releases New Fire in the US. // Fire Chief;Sep2007, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) has released the latest edition of "Fire in the United States" on its web site. This 14th edition of the account is focused on the national fire problem and provides an overview of the fire problem in structures. Furthermore, the...
- USFA releases report on civilian fire fatalities in residential buildings. // Fire Engineering;May2012, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p34
The article reports on the 92% civilian fatalities in residential buildings, according to the report of the U.S. Fire Administration based on the 2008-2010 data coming from the National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS).
- Untitled. // Fire Chief;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p9
Offers fire services-related news as of December 2003. Total incidents reported by fire departments to the U.S. Fire Administration's National Fire Data Center; Types and percentage of incidents that occurred in 2003 according to information gathering firm Essential Data Solutions.
- Spread holiday cheer, not fire. // Journal of Property Management;nov/dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that about 2,600 individuals are injured because of holiday season fires, according to information provided by the U.S. Fire Administration. It has resulted to over $930 million in damage. There are several factors that contribute to increase in fires during the holiday...