- Tricks of the Trade: LADDERS, LIGHTS, KNOTS, AND NOZZLES. Grant, Stuart; Stephens, Les // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p26
The article presents several tricks involving fire apparatus, to make the job of fire fighters safer and easier. They include the venting in a window and the proper positioning of a ladder set on it for the rescue, the untying of a double overhand granny knot that is tied in a halyard, and the...
- Minnesota fire department to continue international relationship. Dostal, Jeremy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Fire Department of Dodge Center, Minnesota will continue its relationship with the International Fire Relief Missions (IFRM), which assists emergency service agencies in developing countries by providing them with donated equipment and training individuals on the...
- Portable Tank. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p8
The article focuses on the 20,000-gallon self-supporting tank from Fol-da-tank. The tank is constructed of a new high-tensile strength and tear-resistant vinyl to accommodate the immense pressure of 160,000 pounds of water. It comes with up to six fittings at no additional charge.
- Fire suppression innovations "Made in Minnesota.". Magdal, George // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on Tetrako, a fire fighting product that sticks to vertical and ceiling surfaces and can be pumped through standard fire equipment from EarthClean Corp., and Stat-X First Responder, tool designed to aid in the suppression of confined space fires from Fireaway Inc.
- Equipment News. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, special section p7
Features fire extinction equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. ZeroTorque from Akron Brass; Jumbo Lok from Performance Advantage and Ziamatic; Conder LED from Federal Signal.
- TRADE NAMES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p169
An alphabetical list of fire fighting equipment trade names is presented, including ADAM (Apparatus Deployment Analysis Module) analysis software, Ambulance Commander produced by Digitech Computer Inc., and American Breathing Air complete stationary and mobile SCBA charging system, manufactured...
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Presents several fire station equipment and products. Tyco Thermal Controls' 1850-SE cable encasement; All A Board Inc.'s pine wardrobes; UniMac's laundry equipment.
- Crimping Tool. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p10
The article focuses on the Pressmaster Mobile Crimp Tool from Waytek Inc. The tool is designed to give the user full visibility of the crimping process. It includes removable dies that can be customized along with an easy-access release function that permits fast and simple exchange of dies. The...
- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p7
Features equipment and supplies for use in firefighting. Pump probe; Protection kit; Multi-gas detector; High-pressure SCBA.