FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p6
Features computers and communications equipment for use in fire fighting. Fire inspection software; Headset; Online notification system; Rugged personal computers; Project 25 radio; Mapping module; Alphanumeric pager; Mobile communications kit; Automatic location system.
- APPARATUS & COMPONENTS. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p3
Features apparatus and components for use in firefighting. Splice taps; Hose winder; Sealed battery; Light bar; Aerial platform; Medium-duty truck; Maintenance software; Vehicle safety kit; Halogen lights; Power induction system; Lighting mutliplex system.
- Voice Messaging for Leisure Centre & Restaurant. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p50
The article presents news from the fire industry. The benefits of multi-messaging voice evacuation are being recognized in two applications following the supply of the company Fulleon's new Clarifire 420 multi-message voice sounder system by fire detection company Firesense. In both projects the...
- What's new in fire detection. Davies, Rowland // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p33
Assesses trends in fire detection technology in Great Britain, as of October 2003. Driving forces behind the development of new fire detection products; Cause of the continued development of interface units; Introduction of analogue addressable technology to fill the gap in the area.
- Equipment News. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, special section p7
Features fire extinction equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. ZeroTorque from Akron Brass; Jumbo Lok from Performance Advantage and Ziamatic; Conder LED from Federal Signal.
- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p7
Features equipment and supplies for use in firefighting. Pump probe; Protection kit; Multi-gas detector; High-pressure SCBA.
- NEW HEIGHTS. Pauli, Kent // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p76
Discusses trends that focus on ways to improve firefighting performance, save time and enhance firefighter safety. Firefighting capabilities and performance of aerial ladders and platforms; Preconnects and preplumbed hose boxes; Monitors that can handle the higher flow rates.
- SOURCE GUIDE 2006: PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // Fire Chief;Feb2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p78
The article presents a source guide for firefighting products and services available in the United States for the year 2006. The guide lists products and services alphabetically, together with the names of manufacturers and suppliers. Included in the list are air compressors, alarm systems,...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p143
Features fire prevention equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. American LaFrance's Liberty Series pumpers, tankers, rescue pumpers and brush trucks; Smoke alarms from Kidde Wireless System; R-O-M Corp.'s horizontal shutter; ZT Nozzle Grip from Akron Brass;...