APPARATUS & COMPONENTS
- COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p6
Features computers and communications equipment for use in fire fighting. Fire inspection software; Headset; Online notification system; Rugged personal computers; Project 25 radio; Mapping module; Alphanumeric pager; Mobile communications kit; Automatic location system.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p9
Features firefighting tools and equipment. Floating pump; Hand tool; Thermal imager; Fire alarm monitoring software; Spotlight; Fire alarm control system.
- Equipment News. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, special section p7
Features fire extinction equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. ZeroTorque from Akron Brass; Jumbo Lok from Performance Advantage and Ziamatic; Conder LED from Federal Signal.
- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p7
Features equipment and supplies for use in firefighting. Pump probe; Protection kit; Multi-gas detector; High-pressure SCBA.
- NEW HEIGHTS. Pauli, Kent // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p76
Discusses trends that focus on ways to improve firefighting performance, save time and enhance firefighter safety. Firefighting capabilities and performance of aerial ladders and platforms; Preconnects and preplumbed hose boxes; Monitors that can handle the higher flow rates.
- SOURCE GUIDE 2006: PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // Fire Chief;Feb2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p78
The article presents a source guide for firefighting products and services available in the United States for the year 2006. The guide lists products and services alphabetically, together with the names of manufacturers and suppliers. Included in the list are air compressors, alarm systems,...
- Keep Your Cool. Laskaris, Michael A. // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p82
Offers advice to fire fighters on how to avoid overheating of fire pumps. Causes of overheating; Accessories that add heat to the fire pump; Heating problems of single and two-stage fire pumps.
- Fire suppression innovations "Made in Minnesota.". Magdal, George // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on Tetrako, a fire fighting product that sticks to vertical and ceiling surfaces and can be pumped through standard fire equipment from EarthClean Corp., and Stat-X First Responder, tool designed to aid in the suppression of confined space fires from Fireaway Inc.
- Fire Extinguisher Tips. Yetman, David S. // MotorBoating;Aug2005, Vol. 196 Issue 2, p84
The article offers tips on using fire extinguisher. A fire-extinguisher is necessary in any boat that has fuel or combustibles of any kind. It is important to shake dry powder extinguishers to keep its powder detach and ready to use at least twice a year. Physical damage or blockage of fire...