Taking cooking temperatures
- fridge NOTES. // Vegetarian Times;May2005, Issue 331, p112
Offers several tips on preparing vegetarian foods. Method in producing a vanilla extract; Required temperature for hot foods; Nutrition provided by a broccoli salad.
- Influence of Sugars, Modified Starches and Hydrocolloids Addition on Colour and Thermal Properties of Raspberry Cream Fillings. Pichler, Anita; Pozderović, Andrija; Moslavac, Tihomir; Popović, Kristina // Polish Journal of Food & Nutrition Sciences;Mar2017, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p49
This paper deals with the influence of the addition of sugars (sucrose, fructose and trehalose), modified starches (tapioca or waxy maize starch) and hydrocolloids (karaya or guar gum) on colour and thermal properties of raspberry cream fi llings. In addition, the influence of the...
- Effects of Various Hydrothermal Treatments on Selected Nutrients in Legume Seeds. Filipiak-Florkiewicz, Agnieszka; Florkiewicz, Adam; Walczycka, Maria; Leszczyńska, Teresa; Cieślik, Ewa; Wałkowska, Izabela; Kapusta-Duch, Joanna // Polish Journal of Food & Nutrition Sciences;2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p181
The aim of this study was to assess the influence of different soaking and cooking methods on contents of selected nutrients in legume seeds. The experimental material were dried kidney-bean seeds and soya bean seeds originating from the collection of Krakow's Plants and Seeds Horticulture POLAN...
- Instant-read Food Thermometer Accuracy in Measuring End-point Temperature in Ground Beef Patties Prepared by Three Methods. Zemmer-Nalivka, Tiffani; McCurdy, Sandra M.; Staszak-Nalivka, Courtney; Killinger, Karen M. // Food Protection Trends;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p237
The accuracy of three dial and three digital consumer instant-read food thermometer models was assessed. Thermometer models were compared to a thermocouple in ground beef patties cooked to 71.1Â°C via three preparation methods. Patties were prepared to reflect methods used in scientific...
- Potential Health Implications of the Consumption of Thermally-Oxidized Cooking Oils - a Review. Falade, Ayodeji Osmund; Oboh, Ganiyu; Okoh, Anthony Ifeanyi // Polish Journal of Food & Nutrition Sciences;Jun2017, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p95
Cooking oils are an integral part of a human diet as they are used in almost all types of culinary practices. They serve as sources of lipids with a significant nutritive value and health benefits which can be attributed to their fatty acid compositions and biological antioxidants. However,...
- Models for thermal process evaluation. Tucker, Garry // Food Manufacture;Jan1997, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the use of computer models to analyze thermal process data, to improve product quality and to assess process deviations in the United Kingdom's food industry. How the microbiological safety of canned foods depend upon the thermal process; Description of the thermal process.
- Quick, Accurate Temperature Readings of Tiny Foods. // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr1999, Vol. 61 Issue 8, Products & Services p40
Provides information on food thermometers. What tends to happen when big-needle sensors are inserted into small food items; Features of the Atkins Economy Thermometer; Models available; Advantages that the thermocouple thermometer gives the user.
- Triple-Test Discovery. // Good Housekeeping;Jun2011, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p171
The article recommends that readers should place their hands over the grates of grills to determine how hot they are.
- Inspect your oven. // This Old House;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p18
The article offers tips for preparing one's oven before cooking holiday meals including avoiding using the self-cleaning function before cooking a meal, ensuring the temperature display matches the oven cavity, and adjusting for any temperature discrepancies.