Pastries & donuts
- `Pull over'. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Apr98, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the doughnut sales of five companies in the United States for the year ending November 16, 1997. Increase in total donut category sales; Decline in unit sales.
- NO BUSINESS LIKE DOUGH BUSINESS. Kuh, Patrick // Los Angeles Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p60
Assesses the state of the donuts business in Los Angeles (L.A.), California as of January 1, 2003. Description of the business; Main criterion in judging donuts; List of donut shops in L.A.
- U.S. donut retailers in 'holey war' to win over Las Vegas consumers. Martin, Patricia // Las Vegas Business Press;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p1
Highlights the competition among doughnut retailers in Las Vegas, Navada. Long time area players and newcomers; Business opportunity offered by the city's growing population; Factors fueling the popularity of doughnuts; Publicity surrounding Krispy Kreme; Marketing programs and expansion plans.
- Krispy Kreme to open U.K. outlet. Hall, Emma; Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;8/11/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 32, p12
The article reports that Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. will open a unit at Harrods department store in London, England. The outlet is the first of 25 planned to open across Great Britain and Ireland and will feature a doughnut-making theater.
- GLAZE OF GLORY. Cook, Corrie E. // Indianapolis Monthly;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p118
The article presents doughnut shops in Indiana. These include Al's Donuts in Plainfield which serves doughnuts that are light and buttery with an extra-sweet glaze, Daylight Donuts in Greenwood which offers puffy and amorphous doughnut with a doughy inside, and Titus Pastry Shop in Lebanon which...
- Company Spotlight: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;January 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p85
Features the Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based doughnut company, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. Major products and services of the firm; Revenues of Krispy Kreme for the fiscal year ended February 2004; History of the company; Franchise operations; Strengths and weaknesses of the company;...
- Krispy Kreme profits put glaze on $3.05M return for 3 months. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/12/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p14
Reports the profit performance of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc., a pastry shop in the United States. Forecast on the percentage increase in the first quarter sales of fiscal year 2001; Total corporate revenues; Factors influencing profit growth; Expansion plans.
- The 2009 Report on Yeast-Raised Doughnuts Excluding Frozen Doughnuts: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/20/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for yeast-raised doughnuts excluding frozen doughnuts for 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the product for each city,...
- Dollars to doughnuts: Sweet treats speak volumes about nation's cyclical appetites. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p31
Editorial. Comments on the success of Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Corp. Increase in share price; Agreements with Chicago icon Rich Melman, singer-restaurateur Jimmy Buffett and Restaurant Associates chief Nick Valentiimmy; United States' rediscovery of...