A Suburb's Big Deal
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p1
Presents municipal bond-related news items in the United States, as of August 10, 2004. Previous day's municipal bond trading results; Manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's region; Appointment of investment bankers at Legg Mason Wood Walker.
- Legg Mason Adds Chicago, Philadelphia Bankers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p29
Reports on the appointment of investment bankers at Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s Chicago, Illinois and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania offices. Career history of Thomas Coverick and Daniel Fox; Changes in the wake of the firm's reorganization; Involvement in municipal bond deals.
- With Citigroup Merger Waiting in the Wings, Legg Mason Shuts Down Muni Desk. Meyers, Maxwell; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p34
Reports on the move of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. to close down its municipal institutional desk in the U.S. Preparation of the company of its merger with Citigroup Inc.; Move of employees to look for new jobs; Impact of the closure on the bonds.
- Revival at Ryan Beck. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32284, p1
The article reports on the growth of Ryan Beck & Co.'s municipal bond business following the hiring of Bonnie Siegal and Hamilton Chang for its public finance unit. In five United States cities where Ryan Beck operates, it increased the number of public finance professionals. Siegal and Chang...
- Legg Mason's Chicago Alumni Begin Finding New Posts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32252, p7
Reports on the decision of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. to close its municipal operations in preparation for its merger with Citigroup Inc. in the U.S. Terms of the deal; Move of the employees to look for another job with the closure of the division; Decision of other bankers to remain working to...
- Schaumburg, III., Sells $239M, Mostly for Hotel, Convention Center. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p3
Reports that the village of Schaumburg in Illinois completed the sale of $239 million of general obligation bonds on August 3, 2004. Use of proceeds from the issue to fund the construction of a hotel and convention center; Negotiated deal led by Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.; True interest rate cost.
- NASD Fines 3 For G-15(f) Violations. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p1
The article reports that the U.S. National Association of Securities Dealers has censured and fined Goldman Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley and the former Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. for selling municipal bonds to investors in minimum denominations below those established by the issuers. The...
- Munis Gain 1/4 Point With Treasuries; Md. Sanitation District Bond Reoffered. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States increased in March 22, 2001, in sympathy with Treasury gains made following the demise of blue-chip stocks. Underwriters' reoffering of top-rated Maryland sanitation bonds; Bond issuance report of Siebert Brandford Shank & Co.; Amount of...
- Options, Questions Abound as Osceola County, Fla., Considers Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p7
Reports on the consideration of the commissioners to approve the contractual documents that would clear the issuance of revenue bonds in Osceola County, Florida. Use of the bond proceeds to fund the construction of the convention center and a hotel in the county; Submission of the proposal by...