Health Chief Picked
- Cook County gets new chief. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;9/27/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p56
Reports on the appointment of Daniel Winship as head of the bureau of health services in the Cook County Board in Illinois in 2004. Information on Ruth Rothstein, predecessor of Winship; Career background of Winship; Views of John Stroger Jr., Cook County Board President, on the appointment of...
- Putting her beliefs into action. Finkel, Ed // Modern Healthcare;3/1/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, pH4
Profiles Healthcare Hall of Fame inductee Ruth Rothstein. Accomplishments of Rothstein; Positions held in various hospitals in the U.S.; Remarks of John Stroger, president of the Cook County Board of the Cook County Bureau of Health Services on Rothstein.
- Cook County Health CEO to retire. // AHA News;6/2/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the resignation of Ruth Rothstein on August 31, 2003 as chief executive officer of the Cook County Bureau of Health Services in Illinois. Information on Rothstein's health care career; Contributions to the bureau; Reason for the resignation.
- They led by example. Reilly, Patrick // Modern Healthcare;1/19/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p17
Profiles executives who will be inducted to the Health Care Hall of Fame dinner of the American College of Healthcare Executives in Chicago, Illinois on February 29, 2004. Ruth Rothstein; Robert Shelton; Luther Terry.
- Public health veteran's dream: 'Everyone is taken care of'. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;7/23/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p48
Profiles Ruth Rothstein, chief executive officer of the Cook County Bureau of Health Services in Chicago, Illinois. Health services operated by the bureau; Career background of Rothstein; Annual budget of the bureau; Estimated annual inpatient and outpatient visits in the bureau; Reform in the...
- Rothstein leaves Cook County legacy. // Modern Healthcare;6/2/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p34
Reports the retirement of Ruth Rothstein as chief of Cook County Bureau of Health Services in Illinois in June 2003. Career background; Achievements; Contributions to the healthcare industry.
- RUTH ROTHSTEIN. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;6/7/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 23, pW30
Ruth Rothstein, Cook County Bureau of Health Services, began garnering support for what many saw as an impossibility: the construction of a new Cook County Hospital. Twelve years later, the county opened the $630-million John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital. The name is a tribute to the man who holds...
- Saving forest preserves by chopping, replanting. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on an impending financial crisis at Cook County, Illinois's Forest Preserve agency. Forest Preserve District Board's quest for 'balanced budgets'; Claims of innocence by Cook County Board President John Stroger and board members.
- Cancel that going-away party: Ruth's not gone yet. Mccormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;8/18/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p4
Replacing Ruth M. Rothstein as public health chief in Cook County, Illinois is proving more daunting than County Board President John H. Stroger Jr. feared. Although the long-tenured local health care executive was slated to leave her post as chief of the county's Bureau of Health Services at...