- Germany using pension bonds to delay contributions. Hua, Thao // Pensions & Investments;6/26/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p32
The article reports that Germany has decided to issue four tranches of fixed-rate notes backed by its postal and telecommunications pension fund. Among the leading investors of these bonds are other pension funds using the securities to better match their assets with future liabilities. These...
- Rate Rise Prompts N.J. to Delay Transportation Refunding of Up to $1.9B. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p32
Reports that rising interest rates have prompted New Jersey to delay a refunding deal for the state's Transportation Trust Fund Authority (TTFA) that may be as much as $1.9 billion of outstanding debt. Possibility of the sale being revived should rates ease; Underwriter Bear, Stearns & Co. to...
- Nevada PERS Cuts International Fixed-Income. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;1/30/2014, p7
The article reports on the decision by the Board of Trustees of the Nevada Public Employees' Retirement System to cut international bonds from its investment portfolio as of January 30, 2014.
- N.J. Unveils Plan for Trust Fund. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32327, p1
The article reports on the plan of New Jersey to refinance about 1.8 billion dollar of transportation bonds as part of a five-year plan to replenish the state's ailing Transportation Trust Fund. Under the proposal, the state would free up about 105 million dollars each year by extending the...
- N.Y. State Thruway Agency. Sets First of 2 Sales Totaling $693M. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p38
The article reports on New York State Thruway Authority's selling of about 346 million dollars of its second general highway and bridge trust fund bonds in the first of two sales set for the third quarter of 2006. The authority will sell serial bonds that will mature April 1, 2007. A final...
- Bond prices rise as interest rates fall. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p55
Presents a question and answer advisory related to securities in Indianapolis, Indiana. Increase in bond prices as interest rates fall; Basis of mortgage payment on individual earnings; Reduction of tax payment in revocable living trust.
- Unemployment Funding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p1
Reports on the sale of a fixed-rate piece of an unemployment trust fund revenue bond issue by the local government in Illinois. Value of the trust fund; Reason for the sale of the fixed-rate bonds; Senior manager of the sale.
- Market Valuation, Pension Fund Policy and Contribution Volatility. Rooij, Maarten; Siegmann, Arjen; Vlaar, Peter // De Economist (0013-063X);Mar2008, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p73
Market valuation is becoming more and more popular, both in accounting and regulation, as well as in academic circles. For pension funds and their participants, the knowledge that market-valued pension liabilities can indeed be transferred to a third party, if necessary, is a great virtue. Using...
- Baby bond charges capped at 15% as Treasury woos finance firms. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;2/6/2004, p17
Reports on the efforts of the Treasury to attract the interest of finance companies in the child trust funds in Great Britain. Percentage of bond charges; Terms of the child trust fund scheme.