New look tea
- Ready-to-drink tea supermarket sales outpace other beverages. Kelley, Kristine Portno // Beverage Industry;Jul95, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p10
Reports that ready-to-drink tea supermarket sales is topping the list in actual dollar sales in 1995. Ready-to-drink tea as the last in ranking for 1994; Biggest decline for carbonated water/club soda.
- Tea's new bag. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p174
Discusses the growing popularity of tea in America. Soaring tea market between 1990 and 1995; High tea service of Lisa's Tea Treasures; Credit to the ready-to-drink iced teas; Factors that drove the tea boom.
- Tea revolution sweeps Assam. Rahman, Azera // Asian Pacific Post;9/9/2010, p17
This article explores the growth of tea production in Assam, India, in 2010.
- A real `brew-ha-ha'. Oman, Bruce // Beverage World;Oct94, Vol. 113 Issue 1576, p244
Focuses on tea trade industry in the United States. Competition among Pepsi-Cola Co., Coca-Cola Co. and Snapple Beverage Corp.; Volume; Financial issues; Challenges facing producers.
- RTD teas come of age. Theodore, Sarah // Beverage Industry;Jun96, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p47
Reports on the slowdown in the growth of the ready-to-drink tea market. Maturity of the tea market into a solid category; Increase in sales of ready-to-drink tea in 1995; Top-selling tea brands.
- Reading between the leaves. Forster, Keith; Etherington, Dan M. // China Business Review;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on the status of tea industry in China. Growth of tea production and export from 1960-1984; Examples of problems that could threaten the further expansion of the industry; Way of improving China's ability to meet the target of production and export. INSET: One sip at a time, by Vanessa...
- 1993 tea figures. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun94, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p49
Informs on tea production in Sri Lanka. 1993 marked the first year for private sector management of government-owned plantations; Comparisons of tea production in 1992 and 1993; Increasing the commercial viability of the tea industry.
- India's tea output in 2013-14 up 8% at 1,224.48 million kg. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;5/25/2014, p18
The article reports that India's tea production increased in 2013-2014 on account of higher combined output in major tea-producing states of Assam and West Bengal according to the Tea Board of India, adding that tea production in the southern states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka also rose.
- Skylight turns cloudy. Sfiligoj, Eric // Beverage World;03/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1635, p55
Reports on the ready-to-drink tea market's growth in the United States, in 1996. Total volume; Per capita consumption; Changes in the category's marketing; Packaging of the products; Best-selling brands.
- Tea biggies rush in as West Bengal puts 5 gardens on sale. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;1/26/2014, p34
This article reports that West Bengal has put on the block five tea estates including Rungmook-Cedars, Rangaroon and Hilla in a move to privatise ailing government agencies and mentions tea companies which have shown interest in such estates such as Jay Shree Tea, Bagaria Group and Andrew Yule.