Fall acreage down 2% -- off 1% from 1996
- Rice combines rolling in Sacramento Valley. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/20/2012, p5
The article reports that California farmers expect a good crop in October-November 2012 although yields may not be as good as they would like due to the late start to planting in Spring 2012.
- Crying out for food. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;11/09/96, Vol. 152 Issue 2055, p14
Reports on the United Nation's Food and Agricultural Organization's prediction that grain stocks will increase after a world harvest that is most likely to be five percent up on 1995. Engineering of high-yields crop varieties; Poor global harvest in the past years due to weather conditions;...
- Forecast: Rice production up 4 percent from 2005. // Western Farm Press;10/7/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p14
The article reports that the rice production in California has been forecasted to be more than 40 million hundredweight for 2006 which is about 4 percent in the previous year. The yield has been estimated to be 7,700 pound per acre while planted and harvested acreages are forecasted to be at...
- 2010 Apple Crop Forecast. Sparks, Brian // American Fruit Grower;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p12
The article presents the apple crop forecast for the U.S. and other parts of the world in 2010. The East and Midwest sections of the U.S. are expected to produce lower number of crops. European Union (EU) countries are predicted to produce 9.79 million metric tons of crops, which represents an...
- Crop size hard to determine. BURGENER, PAUL // Farm Futures;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p60
The article focuses on the challenges caused by planting delays for beans on the predictions for total beans production in 2013.
- FALL FRUIT UPDATE: Citrus fruit forecast eyes slight increase. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p66
Forecasts citrus fruit production or yield in the U.S. for the 2001-02 season. Projected drop in the all orange production of California; Prediction on the decline in grapefruit production in Arizona; Initial 2001-02 lemon production forecast.
- Yield matters this year, depending heavily on weather. Suderman, Arlan // Missouri Ruralist;Feb2012, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p82
The article presents an agricultural forecast stating the dependence of corn production and yield to the weather.
- Forecast bears fruit for the state's crops. // San Diego Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p27
Focuses on the crop production forecast for the state in June 1999, released by the California Department of Food & Agriculture.
- 2007 Apple Crop Forecast. // American Fruit Grower;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p24
The article deals with forecast on the yields of apple crops in the U.S. outlined during the Apple Crop Outlook and Marketing Conference of the U.S. Apple Association held in Chicago, Illinois in August 2007. The association estimates that over 212 million bushels will be produced for the year...