Targeting new markets and protein options
- Survey Tracks Hospital Software Use. // Food Management;Dec2000, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p11
Reports the highlights of the Cini-Little foodservice consulting organization survey on food and nutrition departments in hospitals. Utilization of software to deliver services; Integration of the direct purchasing system; Absence of interfacing in food preparation.
- 1999 RESULTS: Food/beverage buying tops $4.6 billion. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p45
Reports on the buying activity of group purchasing organizations (GPO) in the United States in 1999. Increase in purchases of food and beverages; Overview of market activity; Corrections growth; Potential of private schools as a market for GPO.
- How to Lower Your Food Purchasing Costs. Higgins, Jeremiah // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec2013, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p42
The article presents suggestions on reducing food purchasing costs.
- IN LOWERING CONTRACTING COSTS: STUDY SHOWS GPO VALUE. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p26
Deals with an analysis of a group purchasing study which revealed the value of food and nutrition contracts utilized by hospital networks. Advantages of group purchasing organizations (GPO); Other key findings of the study; Highlights of the analysis.
- Food for thought: Are prime vendors the answer to dietary dilemmas? Weaver, Frances M. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug95, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p42
Presents the findings of a study on the effectiveness of a system of purchasing subsistence items which uses a prime vendor for most items once purchased from local and regional vendors. Questions addressed by the study; Sources of items ordered by dietetics; Problem orders; Each vendor's amount...
- Operators look to buy better. Lawn, John; Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on purchasing by onsite foodservices. Use of volume procurement to maximize purchasing opportunities; Examples of group purchasing; Tracking of purchases from various locations and vendors; Strategies to consider in evaluating purchasing. INSET: Update: DOD's fresh produce program for...
- Food outlays up 4.7%, now 12.6% of total. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p73
Highlights the total amount spent by the United States' top 50 group purchasing organizations (GPOs) in food purchasing in 1997 for 66,169 of their member facilities. Data from the second `FoodService Director' Performance Report of 50 Group Purchasers; Solid trend of consolidation and mergers;...
- Food spending averages hold for 2 years. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p76
Discusses the spending pattern of the United States' top 50 group purchasing organizations (GPOs) in food purchasing in 1997. Shifts in purchasing responsibility for decision-making; Prospective Payment System; Food items that GPOs typically buy; Advantages of GPOs.
- HOW HOSPITAL FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p38
Reports purchasing trends in self-operated hospital food service units in the U.S. in 2002. Increase in total food service purchasing; Comparison of purchases among self-operated services and contract operations; Total number of meals served; Statistics on making beds.