ProAir adds 'gourmet' to First Class menus
- Practice papers Editorial. Jones, Peter // Tourism & Hospitality Research;Sep2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p173
Editorial. Introduces a series of papers concerning flight catering.
- Flight catering: A North American perspective. Pincus, Linda // Tourism & Hospitality Research;Sep2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p174
Provides information on the flight catering industry in North America as of the year 2001. Profitability of the domestic airline industry; Evaluation of the food service given by airline companies; Exhibitions and conference sponsored by the International Inflight Food Service Association;...
- Inflight caterers sharpen their knives. Noble, Martin // Interavia Business & Technology;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 623, p45
Examines the growing global competition in the inflight catering industry. Market share of global catering market leaders; Operations of LSG Lufthansa Catering and Sky Chefs, SATS Catering, KLM Catering, Cathay Pacific, Servair, Dobbs and Alpha; Changes in inflight catering due to changes in...
- The flourishing inflight food business. Noble, Martin // Interavia Business & Technology;Feb94, Vol. 49 Issue 575, p30
Discusses various aspects of the inflight catering industry. Global value of the industry; International Flight Catering Association's meeting to discuss key issues facing the industry; Relationships between airlines and caterers; Hygiene and security as the key preoccupations of the industry;...
- Preparing for takeoff: Fine-tuning in-flight food. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p39
Features in-flight food operations. In-flight caterers; Improvement of operations to accommodate economic turbulence in the airline industry; Need to cut costs; Menu reductions; Commercial food service chains; First-class foods; Caterers' emphasis on robotics and delivery systems.
- All's 'fare' for in-flight caterers, airport vendors in war for travelers' food dollars. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the battles for food dollars between in-flight caterers and airport concessionaires in the U.S. Idea of some airlines to serve food onboard the aircraft; Viability of deli bags to the public; Avenues for food production capabilities explored by the caterers.
- Start-up ProAir flies from Detroit City airport. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p193
Reports that the flight destination of ProAir Airlines will be from Detroit, Michigan to Baltimore, Maryland, Indianapolis, Indiana, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Newark, New Jersey. Which airport the airlines will be using; Fare structure of the airline; Seating structure of the airline.
- This fare war has a real bite. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;08/30/99, Vol. 22 Issue 35, pSR6
Reports on how air caterer consolidation will affect business travelers. Worldwide domination of the air catering business by LSG Sky Chefs Inc. and Gate Gourmet; Airlines' upgrading of food service; Gate Gourmet parent SAirGroup's purchase of Dobbs International Services Inc.; Airlines concerns...
- Stirring the merger pot. Henderson, Danna K. // Air Transport World;May97, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the cooperation between the Inflight Food Service Association and the International Flight Catering Association in hosting workshops for inflight foodservice professionals in the United States. Other cooperative efforts planned by the organizations; Trends in the carrier foodservice...