Duke 'notches up' Retail
- A+ in nutrition. Howard, Beth // Shape;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Duke University ranked first on healthful campus food, according to a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Duke's low-fat, low-cholesterol fare; Low-ranking of West Point.
- Duke strikes it big with marketplace concept. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, JumpStart News p5
Reports on the success of Durham, North Carolina-based Duke University's marketplace concept for its food service business. Establishment of the open-air food court on campus; Concept attractions; Concept's focus on variety; Emphasis on employee training.
- Duke Dining Prohibits Polystyrene. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the banning of polystyrene foam from all Duke University dining locations.
- Duke launches Mean Gene's unit. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the opening of the first Mean Gene's Burgers in the campus dining facility of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina in September 1998. Size of the Mean Gene's outlet; Food choices; On-site support and follow-up as part of Mean Gene's training.
- Duke seeks proposals for foodservice facilities. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the request for proposals issued by the Duke University Health System in Durham, North Carolina to contract companies to manage foodservice at its Duke Center for Living and the Duke Diet and Fitness Center.
- MCDONALD'S RIGHT NEXT DOOR: Duke's Grill benefits from QSR unit. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Discusses how traffic and sales at the Armadillo Grill in the Bryan Center of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, have increased since McDonald's opened next to it in spring 2000. Foods served at the restaurant; Comments from Jim Wulforst, director of dining services.
- Duke U. opens Alpine Bagels. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the opening of an Alpine Bagels and Brews franchise at the Cambridge Inn of the Duke University West Union building in Durham, California on August 26, 1998. Rationale behind the move; Menu features and selections.
- Wulforst has priorities in order. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the efforts of Jim Wulforst, incoming president of the Society for Foodservice Management, to diversify its membership. Mission of the organization according to Wulforst; Effect of a strong membership on the financial standing of the association; Introduction of a benchmarking tool...
- College Dining Figures on the Move. // Food Management;Mar2012, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p11
The article offers information on career development of several College dining executives across the U.S. including the appointment of Frank Gladu as Associate Vice-President for administration at the University of the South, Jim Wulforst as Manager of Food & Beverage operations at Global...