How Eatzi's Does It
- EATZI'S TO REVAMP STORE FORMAT. // SN: Supermarket News;9/27/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 39, p39
Reports on the opening of a satellite unit by hybrid market-restaurant Eatzi's in Atlanta, Georgia in fall 2004. Comparison of the food services in the restaurant with other units of Eatzi's; Information on other units of the store.
- ONE DOWN, TWO TO GO: Abbott Labs cooks up new f/s for kids, staff. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the overhaul of food services at Abbott Laboratories in Abbott Park, Illinois in 2001. Details on the opening of a child care center with kitchen; Cost of the renovation of M-1 Cafeteria; Information on the opening of a cafeteria at J-45 building.
- Gourmet to Go. Burrows, Kate // Food & Drink;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p164
The article focuses on Eatzi's Markets, a company that offers premade meals or gourmet home meal replacements. It celebrated its 10th year in 2006. It also offers salads and sandwiches and is continually expanding its menus and facilities. The company boasts freshly-made foods which are made by...
- Gourmet to Go. Burrows, Kate // Food & Drink;May/Jun2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p116
The article features Eatzi's Market in Dallas, Texas. The company has adopted a concept offering premade meals from the pickiest foodies to the average customer looking for a quick snack. According to Cliff Smith, CEO, in celebrating its 10th year of operation, the company offered free cake and...
- News briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p3
Reports on developments concerning the food service industry in the United States as of July 26, 1999. Includes the agreement of steakhouse Ruth's Chris to sell a majority stake to equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners; Closure of the Westbury, New York location of Eatzi's Market and Bakery;...
- Meaningful Experience. Gaines, Amanda // Retail Merchandiser;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p62
This article features the strategies applied by owner Philip Romano in his business, EatZi's, a chain of bakery, gourmet takeout markets and restaurants in the U.S. Although Romano was in charge of the change, he credits a customer service philosophy for the success of the business: always...
- Eatzi's opens 2nd Texas unit, features more seating, check-out registers. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;09/08/97, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the opening of Eatzi's Market & Bakery's second unit in Houston, Texas. Advantage over the first store; Products offered.
- Take a Store Tour. Sharoff, Saima // SN: Supermarket News;5/8/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 19, p59
The article presents a directory of food stores in Chicago, Illinois. Eatzi's large red umbrella can be seen from anywhere in the atrium of the mall. The grocery and produce areas in Mitsuwa have an extensive selection of foods. A slightly different take on a lifestyle store gives Marsh...
- Hitting the Shelves. // Prepared Foods;Nov2003, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p8
Provides an update on several prepared food products in the U.S. as of November 2003. Details on the Motion Potion Dietary Supplement from BioEssentials; Information on the Grey Poupon mustard from Kraft Foods; Changes in the packaging of the Ensure brand of Abbott Labs.