Fresh food industry defends vs. pathogens
- multitaskers beware: germs abound on office desks and keyboards. Webster, Sandy Todd // IDEA Fitness Journal;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p58
The article discusses a survey by the American Dietetic Association (ADA) and ConAgra Foods' Home Food Safety program, which shows that Americans eat in their office or cubicles, a practice that increases the risk of food-born illnesses unless strict hand hygiene is practiced.
- How To Assure Produce Safety. GROVER, STEVE // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb99, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p78
Lists the challenges and trends faced by food service operators to meet the increased demand for fresh produce. Customer perceptions about produce; Prevention of microbial contamination; Steps to assure produce does not get contaminated.
- Making Sure Leafy Greens and Other Produce Stay Safe. Lindsay, James A. // Agricultural Research;Jul2008, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses the prevention of food contamination in the U.S. One source of microbial contamination of fresh produce is indirect or direct contact with feces from animals, untreated manure, and soil amendments. Fewer land and water resources are pushing multiple farming activities...
- Veggies en vogue. Strugatch, Warren // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/20/98, Vol. 45 Issue 47, p1A
Focuses on produce in Long Island, New York that are featured in most restaurants in the area. Reasons for residents' celebration of local produce; Building of consumer awareness through regional branding; Chefs' preference for local produce due to freshness and grower integrity.
- Gourmet diners flock to Dig In. BECHMAN, TOM J. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Oct2013, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p66
The article focuses on the thousands of consumers who have gathered for the annual event of nonprofit organization Dig In held at the White River State Park in August 2013, sponsored by the Indiana Family of Farmers, which aimed to promote the agricultural products in the state.
- Farm gate to Plate. // Food & Drink Technology;Sep2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
In this article, the author focuses on the challenges in the British fresh produce supply chain. He informs that compliance with food safety legislation is important for supply chains and they are required to demonstrate environmental sustainability of farm produce while maintaining quality and...
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;8/28/2015, Issue 1042, p1
A list of prices of farm produce including heifers, lambs and feed wheat in Great Britain is presented.
- The Power of Produce. // Progressive Grocer;Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p71
Reports on the sales growth of the produce department in the United States for 1999. Purchasing patterns and median weekly sales of the department; Practice of category management in the produce department; Factors to be accounted for the positive outlook in the produce department.
- Buda Farmers Market. // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/22/2015, Vol. 119 Issue 17, p4C
The article highlights the weekly Buda Farmers Market.