Y2K may hit food prices
- Private Market May Have To Wait `Til Next Year. Primack, Dan // Private Placement Letter;11/29/99, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the impact of the year 2000 computer date conversion problem (Y2K) to the capital market activities. Expectations of companies in the financial industry; Preparations companies made for the Y2K; Companies that suffered severe spread widening; Implications on investment banks.
- The PC Corner. Quails[*], John H. // Business Economics;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p65
Discusses the year 2000 (Y2K) computer problem. How to check for Y2K problems; Software for Y2K problems.
- Y2K wrapup: end of an error. Irwin, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;01/03/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p1
Looks at the future of computer industry after the Year 2000 computing crisis (Y2K). Shift of focus into upgrades and expansions especially in large organizations; Increase in demand from small and medium-sized businesses that decided to forego front-end fixes and repairs; Surge in personal...
- Prophets of Doom Profit from Y2K. Rust, Michael // Insight on the News;03/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on the apocalyptic views of the year 2000 computer problem. Attitude of the people in the United States toward the millennium; Markets for Americans preparing for the year 2000 problem; Effects on the sales of religious books.
- A World of Y2K Trouble. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;03/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p33
Reports on the readiness of the United States government for the year 2000 computer problem. Consequences that can be brought by the problem to the public.
- Evidence of a `Morning After.'. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;03/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, kindly check if it should be deleted
Presents information on the optimism towards the year 2000 computer problem. Optimism of futurists on the issue.
- Preparing for Year 2000-STAT! Rancourt, Melissa; Keogh, Diane // Health Management Technology;Nov1998, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p10
Highlights the efforts of Newton-Wellesley Hospital (NWH) in preparation for the millennium bug. How NWH established a task force which would overlook the possible areas to be affected by the conversion problem; Components of the task force; Plans of NWH in preparation for the year 2000 date...
- Y2K: Why so much? Wall, Thomas J. // Health Management Technology;Nov1998, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
Presents information on the year 2000 problem in the United States. Implications to business operations.
- The Y2K problem: Social chaos or social transformation? Petersen, John L.; Wheatley, Margaret // Futurist;Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p21
Discusses the impact of the year 2000 computer crisis on the society. Information on Y2K problem; Interdependency problem; How individuals should respond to the problem. INSET: Anatomy of a glitch.