Salmonella contamin. down
- American outbreak leads to huge egg recall. // Poultry World;Sep2010, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p10
This article reports that the two egg producers have recalled several eggs due to food poisoning incidences as a result of a salmonella outbreak in the U.S.
- Salmonella risk 'effectively eliminated' from British eggs. // Poultry World;Feb2016, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that the British Advisory Committee on Microbiological Food Safety has published a report suggesting that the British egg industry has eliminated the risk for salmonella infection.
- US: Washington changes poultry inspection rules. Best, Dean // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);8/4/2014, p12
A reprint of the article "US: Washington Changes Poultry Inspection Rules" by Dean Best, published on the website just-food.com on August 1, 2014, is presented. Topics discussed include the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) reforms for facilities that require poultry companies to meet...
- An Investigation on Contamination of Poultries by Salmonella Species in Zahedan (South-East Iran) During 2004. Mohammad, Bokaeian; Fard, Mohagheghi Amir H.; Roqiah, Gholizadeh // Research Journal of Microbiology;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p1185
No abstract available.
- Influence of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on the Survival of Salmonella Enteritidis PT 8 on the Surface of Chilled Chicken Legs. // Acta Veterinaria Brno;Sep2010 Supplement, Vol. 79, pS127
No abstract available.
- Prevalence of Salmonella Organisms in Poultry and Poultry Environments in Jamaica. Curtello, Suzette; Vaillant, Angel A. Justiz; Asemota, Helen; Akpaka, Patrick E.; Smikle, Monica P. // British Microbiology Research Journal;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p461
This study was undertaken to determine the prevalence of Salmonella spp contamination in the Jamaican poultry industry and its environments. Materials and Methods: A total of 45 farms across 6 Jamaican parishes were selected for this study. A total of 6693 specimens from animals and the...
- Applying the Food Safety Objective and Related Standards to Thermal Inactivation of Salmonella in Poultry Meat. Membré, Jeanne-Marie; Bassett, John; Gorris, Leon G. M. // Journal of Food Protection;Sep2007, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p2036
The objective of this study was to investigate the practicality of designing a heat treatment process in a food manufacturing operation for a product governed by a Food Safety Objective (FSO). Salmonella in cooked poultry meat was taken as the working example. Although there is no FSO for this...
- Foster Farms steps up. Hanacek, Andy // National Provisioner;Oct2014, Vol. 228 Issue 10, p24
An interview with Ira Brill, the corporate communications director of American poultry company Foster Farms, is presented. When asked about what has changed in Foster Farms from January to July 2014, he replied that the company has committed to become a leader in food safety. Brill discusses...
- Analysing salmonella contamination. Madden, Robert // Poultry World;Mar2007, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p26
The article offers information on a survey conducted to determine the prevalence of salmonellas in eggs produced under control regimes of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (ROI) from April 2005 to April 2006. The study used analytical techniques as applied in the major survey of...