Penn State Univ. creates compost
- FOLLOWING ONE-MONTH TRIAL: Composting reduces costs at Penn St. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the outcome of the March-April 2000 trial of post-consumer composting at Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania. Total weight of resulted compost; Amount of savings obtained; Background information on the project; Comments from project manager Michele Newhard.
- PENN STATE RESEARCH UNCOVERS CLOPYRALID IN COMPOST. Houck, Nadine J.; Burkhart, Eric P. // BioCycle;Jul2001, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on how Penn State University staff detected clopyralid-based herbicide contamination in their composts. Symptoms of clopyralid contamination in plants; Analysis of the sources of clopyralid contamination; Steps taken by the university to address the problem.
- UNIVERSITY MAKES STRIDES WITH FOOD RESIDUALS COMPOSTING. // BioCycle;Aug2003, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the campus-wide program of Penn State University on collecting residuals and soiled napkins from the majority of the facilities with food operation on campus in Pennsylvania. Goals of responding to the needs of handling organic residuals generated from within the university;...
- Penn State University's Beaver Stadium. Goldstein, Nora // BioCycle;Jun2014, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p28
The article presents case study of Pennsylvania State University (PSU). It mentions that the university has its own composting facility for reduction of waste which process landscape trimmings such as leaves, and food waste. It also mentions that the university contacted nonprofit organization...
- Using Compost To Treat Wastewater Effluent. Mather, Drew // BioCycle;Jan2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p45
The article details the "Effluent Spray Irrigation Research Project" of Pennsylvania State University in State College, Pennsylvania. The land experiment to treat wastewater effluent has formed the basis for a 516 acre site where compost in the soil media are used to filter out nitrates. The...
- Penn State Battles Growing Problem of Applicant Plagiarism. Goral, Tim // University Business;Mar2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the growing problem of applicant plagiarism facing the Pennsylvania State University.
- Penngineers. R.G.; Konish, Nancy // Electronic Design;04/19/99, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p64B
Reports on the partnership between the Pennsylvania College of Technology and Penn State University of University Park, Pennsylvania to offer a tuition grant to electronic engineering students. Program that reflects the need of the industry; Hands-on experience and complete facilities for the...
- Penn State master's degree program in transition planning. // Remedial & Special Education;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p314
Announces Pennsylvania State University's (University Park) offer of graduate assistantships to students interested in a master's degree program in special education with an emphasis in transition planning. Course of study; Incentives offered to program participants.
- Ahead of the pack in Pennsylvania. Petrini, Catherine; Thomas, Rebecca // Training & Development;Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p12
Features the Management Development Programs and Services education program offered by the Pennsylvania State University.