Chicago zoo promotes Human Nutrition Program
- Soap box. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p42
Presents responses from several food service managers regarding the promotion of healthy eating among customers. Lisa Wandel of Pennsylvania State University; Tami Murden of James Workman Middle School; Mark Ouellette of University of Connecticut Health Center; Jeffrey Benjamin of Donaldson,...
- Columbus Zoo revamps its dining facilities. Cavanaugh, Bonnie // Nation's Restaurant News;08/09/99, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p22
No abstract available.
- Zoos upgrade foodservice to boost business. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;06/29/98, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the efforts of foodservice operators to upgrade foodservices in zoos. Importance of foodservice as a profit center in a tax-increase-resistant environment; Role of foodservice as Chicago, Illinois-based Lincoln Park Zoo's main revenue source; Popularity of upscale items at Denver,...
- WITH NEW BRAND MIX: Columbus Zoo plans a foodcourt. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the construction of a food pavilion at the Columbus, Ohio Zoo. Reopening of the Leaping Frog Cafe at Central Park Zoo in New York City; Menus offered in the cafeteria; Features of the food court.
- L.A. Zoo revs-up foodservice. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the expansion of the food service facilities at the Los Angeles Zoo in Los Angeles, California. Addition of indoor seats and air conditioning; Launching of new food service concepts; Expectations of increase in the zoo's food service revenues.
- WITH WOOD DINING SVCS. ONBOARD: Philly Zoo rolls carts to create impulse opportunities. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the foodservice department at the Philadelphia Zoo in Pennsylvania. Projected increase in the department's revenue in 2000; Design of the department's food facilities; Food items served at the facilities.
- At the Columbus Zoo: Upscale, quick-serve food builds around top names. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on the Congo River Market, a consolidated food court at the Columbus Zoo in Powell, Ohio. Food offerings; Features of the food court; Expected sales of the facility.
- Sick of high health care costs, businesses offer wellness programs. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p6
The article reports about the adoption of corporate wellness programs in the U.S. hospitality industry. Experts notes that there is increasing a growing number of foodservice companies that are working to combat rising health care costs. Most of the tools contractors are making available to...
- Employers commit to calorie labelling in staff canteens. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p2
The article informs that major employers of Great Britain have decided to launch menus having nutritional and calorific information in their employee canteens.