L.A. Museum sets foodservice goals
- A $30-MIL. INVESTMENT: RA paints new picture for dining at The Met. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p36
Relates the renovation of the food service facilities of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City in 2003. Factor attributed to the renovation; Food service outlets operated prior to the renovation; Description and features of the cafeteria; Food options offered.
- ALL THE DISH. Goldfarb, Brad // Interview;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p57
Reviews several restaurants in art museums in New York City. The Modern at the Museum of Modern Art; CafÃ© Sabarsky at the Neue Galerie Museum; Sarabeth's at the Whitney Museum.
- The Brooklyn Museum combines an afternoon of art and lunch. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p27
Takes a look at the food service program at the Brooklyn Museum of Art in New York City. Theme developed by contractor, Culinart, to promote both the cafeteria and the exhibits featured; Conversion of free space into a second cafe; Success of the Cafe Monet concept; Menu features.
- Food Offerings are an Integral Part of the Museum Experience. Landsberg, Beth // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p88
The article presents an overview of the important role museum food service and restaurants play in a museum goer's visit to museums. A overview of the food offerings which are available at two restaurants which are run by Beth Landsberg of Wynwood Culinary Art Expressions and which are located...
- WHERE TO PLAY & DINE. // AutoWeek;1/14/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p21
The article features several establishments and locations for leisure and entertainment Detroit, Michigan. The history of open-wheel racing in Detroit, Michigan is exhibited at the National Automotive History Collection of the Detroit Public Library. The Rattlesnake Club offers fine wines,...
- 10 reasons to visit TASMANIA Expect the unexpected. // Australian Geographic;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 107, p27
The article reports on various reasons to visit Tasmania from tourism point of view. The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) attracts international and national attention for its innovative and dynamic approach to displaying art. Tasmania is a gourmet paradise and food lovers can get it at Hobart's...
- Some tips for a 'respectable' holiday party. Soule, Alexander // Westchester County Business Journal;11/16/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 46, p28
The article offers tips on how to create a respectable holiday party. It suggests that to make it more of a lounge party by serving light foods and desserts and provide a variety of seating options, such as couches. It recommends to have daytime or afternoon event and hold the party at a unique...
- BY CONTROLLING COSTS, KEEPING PROMISES: Canard takes Manhattan. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the growth of food service company Canard Inc. in the U.S. Details on the company's contract management account with the American Museum of Folk Art; Annual growth rate of Canard; Importance of client relations.
- An American Classic Interpreted with Flair. Ross, Julie Ritzer // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p80
A review is offered for several restaurants at art museums in the U.S., including Museum CafÃ© at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla, California, Terzo Piano restaurant at the Art Institute of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois and Gertrude's at the Baltimore Art Museum.