Georgia DOC packages milk
- Shifting to `kitchen-ready' foods. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the Georgia Department of Corrections' use of its meat processing plants and canning facilities to decrease food service costs throughout its 74 prison facilities. Heightening the facility's food service training program; Strengths of Georgia's meat processing and canning operations;...
- Well Under Industry Avg.: Georgia farms reduce prison food costs. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p76
Emphasizes the program of the Georgia Department of Corrections' Food and Farms Services Division that reduces food costs for prisons. Average daily cost of feeding an inmate in 1997; Comments from Jerry Watson, food and farm services director; List of other changes in the food service.
- One Clique: Why Rivals on the Streets Become Allies Behind Bars. Campbell, Sharrod // Corrections Today;Feb2009, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses the efforts of the Georgia Department of Corrections to manage security threat groups (STGs). Four accepted categories of STGs, the author states, include motorcycle clubs, extremist/separatist groups, prison gangs, and street gangs. Also discussed is race as a commonality...
- Composting at Georgia prisons. // BioCycle;Feb97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the Georgia Department of Corrections' launch of a pilot composting project at a prison in Jackson, Georgia. Use of a combination of recycling and composting methods; Startup of first windrow in November 1993 that incorporates institutional food residuals, local yard trimmings and...
- Ga. institutes two-strikes law. // Corrections Today;Feb95, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the implementation of the criminal punishment laws in Georgia in January 1995. Provisions under law; Georgia Department of Corrections' expectation on the impact of the new law.
- Six replaced by one. // Packaging Magazine;2/20/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p30
Looks into the replacement of six outdated linear weighers with the Ishida Corp.-developed multihead weigher and tailored distribution system by Plasto Food Services in London, England. Utilization of the system installed; Company's operations; Features of the system; Benefits of the system for...
- SUPPLIES SHOWROOM. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p82
Features several food service equipment. Dixie Classics To Go disposable packaging from Dixie Foodservice; ClearView Hinge-Lid Deli Containers from Pactiv; Hammered Collection of catering service ware from American Metalcraft.
- Locust Grove on my mind. MYERS, JON // Trains;Nov2014, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p72
The article offers information on Locust Grove city which has become the newest train-watching spot in Georgia. It states the materials for constructing the platforms were donated by a local resident while the labor was provided by the Georgia Department of Corrections. It states that besides...
- IN STATEWIDE EFFORT: California prison system adopts healthy menus. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the adoption of standardized menus that are low in fat and sodium by the state prison system in California in 2001. Challenges for the development of nutritious menus; Information on the menu reformulation process; Reasons for the adoption of healthy menus.