Picnic Baskets are Big Biz for St. Louis caterer
- What's new. Aguila, Lourdes // Entrepreneur;Aug1996, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p156
Profiles Gourmet to Go, a gourmet carry-out and catering service. Business history; Franchises.
- Gourmet to Go offers home-meal replacement with an upscale twist. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/96, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p111
Reports on the Gourmet to Go president Barbara Schwartz's success in offering upscale home-meal replacements in Saint Louis, Missouri. Background on Gourmet to Go's operations; Background on Schwartz; Target market for the takeout business; Typical price for boxed lunches and meals.
- Formula for success. Jones, Sheila // Progressive Grocer;Dec96, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p109
Reports on Gourmet to Go, a supermarket in St.Louis, focusing on their attempts at a Home-Meal Replacement (HMR) plan. Catering to each meal of the day; Other services they offer.
- Cornelia goes deli. Blasor, Lorraine // Caribbean Business;3/6/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p35
The article discusses the business strategy of businesswoman Cornelia Sublett BerrÃos, owner of small deli cafeteria Gourmet To-Go in Puerto Rico. The businesswoman said that the creation of her business is part of a natural evolution towards becoming a commercial enterprise. Her main goal is...
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.
- New castle has food for kids, jobs for teens. Jabat, Kim // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Spring90, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the Summer Food Service Program in New Castle, Delaware. Sponsors of the program; Purpose of the program; Benefits generated by kids from the program.
- Costly cup of coffee stirs legal question. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;7/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the legal implications of serving hot foods too hot. Payment of settlement claims for third degree burns suffered by McDonald's customers due to coffee scalds; Use of warning on containers to inform customers; Regulation of temperature of food being served.