Taste, cost still outpace nutrition
- Decision Making in Eating Behavior: Interacting Perspectives from the Individual, Family, and Environment: An Introduction. Rothman, Alexander J.; Gillespie, Ardyth H.; Johnson-Askew, Wendy L. // Annals of Behavioral Medicine;2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 38, p1
The article introduces several reports published within the issue including one on social cognitive factors regulating eating behavior, one on brain mechanisms and a neuroeconomic perspective on food decision making, and another on behaviors that underlie people's food choice decisions.
- Food choice processes of older adults: A qualitative investigation. Falk, Laura Winter; Bisogni, Carole A. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p257
Investigates the factors important to the food choices of individuals aged 65 years and older in the United States who live independently. Impact of life course events and experiences on food choice; Influence of beliefs related to appropriate food behavior and expected characteristics of foods...
- There are worse things than honest-to-nature fat. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/5/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p36
Highlights the results of an online survey conducted by FitnessLink about people's eating attitudes. Percentage of respondents disliking olestra-based foods and foods with artificial sweeteners; Respondents' preference for natural fatty foods over artificial less-fatty foods.
- What's your favorite: Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;1/29/96, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p20
Reports on a nationwide survey which evaluated meal preferences in the United States. Dinner as the favorite meal of the day; Sex differences in meal preferences.
- REVEALS SODEXHO EATING HABITS STUDY: Youth seek dining freedom. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the results of a survey conducted by Sodexho Research Institute on the Quality of Daily Life on the eating habits of girls and boys aged five to seventeen. Percentage of children and teenagers who seeks freedom on their eating habits; Examples of gender-related trends observed.
- Balance your act. // Shape;Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p70
Presents a comprehensive guide for healthful living which emphasizes practical food selection and sensible fitness plan to improve metabolism. Relationship with food; Setting realistic dietary and exercise goals; Tips for choosing one's food; Recommended menu for the whole week; Importance of...
- FOOD FROM FAR REGIONS. Hill, Valerie // China;1998, p40
People in the North of China eat wheat, millet and soy while Southern Guangzhou dishes combine rice with abundant vegetables and fruit. Families spend half their income on food. Ingredients are selected and balanced for taste, smell and flavor.
- A Heaping Helping of Data About Food Preferences. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p40
Presents results of a survey on food favorites. Asparagus as the most favorite vegetable and okra as the least; Best-liked and most disliked fruits; Ice cream and pasta as the favorite comfort food; Vanilla as the favorite ice cream flavor for 22 percent of respondents; Burgers as the top...
- eats mart. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Nov2011, p95
The article offers tips on healthy eating habits.
- feel your healthiest in just one month. Cohen, Marisa // Self;Feb2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p101
The article offers a month-long day-to-day instructions for reaching optimal healthy lifestyle.