U/Cal Santa Cruz pre-plates dinner
- SUSTAINABILITY SMARTS. // Bulletin of the Association of College Unions International;Jul2012, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the Real Food Challenge, which is a program that aims to strengthen the choices of students in terms of food purchasing. The Real Food Campus Commitment was developed by the program in 2011 and according to them, the commitment aims to have colleges and universities buy...
- Santa Cruz-ing. Platt, M.; Colino, S. // Seventeen;Aug90, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p286
Visits the University of California at Santa Cruz, a mecca for individualists because of its liberal atmosphere. Unique approach to education; Work to preserve the planet; Camplus styles; Outside activities.
- Californians cash in on what the army left behind. // New Scientist;3/13/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1864, p10
Reports that the University of California is now planning to turn part of the redundant military base at Fort Ord into research park specializing in marine and environmental sciences. Size of the proposed park; Some of the local research institutions to participate; Other possible areas of research.
- Reaching out for outreach. Dyson, Allan J. // American Libraries;Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p952
Discusses how the University of California at Santa Cruz library developed and recruited for, the position on Multicultural Services Librarian, to serve in outreach to the school's multicultural students.
- Antibiotic puzzle solved. // Chemical Week;12/4/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 47, p58
Reports that scientists at the University of California in Santa Cruz have discovered a mechanism by which antibiotics attack bacteria. Use of magnetic resonance spectroscopy to observe how paromomycin binds to the ribosomal RNA of a bacterial cell.
- Trianon Press archives treasure to Univ. California, Santa Cruz. // Library Journal;6/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p1198
Reports that the University of California, Santa Cruz has taken delivery of a container ship cargo holding the archive of the Trianon Press. History of fine printing; Replica editions of the works of William Blake.
- UC Santa Cruz forum gay 'breakthrough' // Advocate;2/2/72, Issue 78, p6
Highlights the proceedings of the symposium on homosexuality held at the University of California in Santa Cruz in December 1971. Discussions and arguments over the virtue of separatism for female and male gay groups to coexist peacefully; Gays' recount of experiences as closet homosexuals.
- House funds center on religion, public life. // Christian Century;6/5/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p16
Reports that U.S. Congress will fund the plan of University of California, Santa Barbara to open the Walter H. Capps Center for Study of Religion and Public Life in fall 2002. Scholarship scheme provided by the center; Issues that will be addressed by the center.
- UC Santa Cruz first to pilot wide-area wireless. // T H E Journal;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p34
Reports that by using the Ricochet wireless data network and Ricochet wireless modems, students at the University of California in Santa Cruz California, can access networked resources from any spot on the campus. Metricom's installation of 25 poletop radios; Rates; Contact information.