UConn readies new marketplace
- In case you haven't heard... // Primary Care Weekly;1/15/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p6
Reports that schools such as Yale School of Medicine and the University of Connecticut say they have enough cadavers to get by. Comments from Alan Mermann, 72, a Yale medical professor.
- Developers eye for-profit dorm near Stamford UConn campus. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p1
States that Stamford's new downtown University of Connecticut campus would not a privately run football team or a for-profit marching band when it opens. Year; Plans; Rent; Builders.
- UConn offers certificate program in non-profit management. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/4/95, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p14
Reports on a non-profit management program offered by the University of Connecticut at Storrs. Who created the program; When courses are scheduled; Program instructors; What the program combines.
- UConn MBA program feeds on the executive's drive and... Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the University of Connecticut executive Master of Business Administration program which was creates for working executives in the private, public and not-for-profit sector. Participants requirements; Way the program is designed; Its Similarity to benchmarking; Amount of credits...
- UConn system makes students' signup painless. // Communications News;Feb97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on interactive voice system that helps students register easily at the University of Connecticut at Storrs .
- UConn-Stamford benefits from $1 billion bond decision. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p5
Focuses on the May 1995 House of Representatives vote regarding financing issues at the University of Connecticut (UConn) in Storrs. Provisions of the UConn bill; Development of regional campuses in Connecticut; Correction of infrastructure problems; Approved state plan in bond issues. INSET:...
- Top Dogs. Garskof, Josh // Country Journal;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the role of basketball prominence in raising academic achievement in University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut.
- MAGIC transaction logs as measures of access, use and community. McGlamery, Patrick // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p505
Features the University of Connecticut's Map and Geographic Information Center's MAGIC Web site. Library of Congress Classification system for organizing map and geodata collections; Use of Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) 2.0; Business users preference for natural resources data.
- Connecticut's 21st Annual Metallurgy/Materials Week celebrated in April. // Advanced Materials & Processes;May97, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p76
Highlights Connecticut's celebration of its 21st Annual Metallurgy/Materials Week on April 17, 1997 at the University of Connecticut. Focus of the event on the future of the sector in the state; Emphasis on the contributions of the university's Institute of Materials Science to the sector.