FoodCapsule: How soup rates today
- Eating Out is a Global Pastime. // Prepared Foods;Nov98, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p35
Reports on the survey of Euromonitor International about the attitude of people towards the foodservice market. Kinds of restaurants that are preferred by people eating out; Leading place in Europe for eating out.
- It Beats 'Rapid Unkempt'. // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/9/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p30
Presents survey results on the rise in the volume of United States consumers preferring fast-casual restaurant service. Efforts of chain restaurants to establish express outlets; Amount of waiting time customers prefer.
- If they laugh, they will watch and maybe even buy. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p14
Points out the important elements of an effective food service advertising. Dynamics of good advertising; Samples of good advertisements; Funny advertising; Likability as a measure of effectiveness; Translation of advertising into purchase behavior.
- LOOKING UP: MENU DRIVERS. Pond, James // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p26
Comments on trends in the food service industry. Survey results on the willingness of traveling customers to try an unfamiliar restaurant; Importance of change for food service operations; Popularity of ethnic foods in the industry.
- Service Quality of Night Markets in Taiwan. Ching-Hsu Huang // International Journal of Marketing Studies;Jun2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p36
Night markets consist of contemporary societies strongly as a marketing style in Taiwan which is successful foodservice industry in spite of the limited space and remarkable crowding. Although the negative environment factors have been critiqued in terms of bad customer satisfaction, it seems...
- PAY IT FORWARD. Pope, Harry W. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Oct2005, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p49
Discusses the concept of allowing customers to pay what they think the meal is worth in Great Britain. Brainchild of the concept; Emergence of pay-what-you-like restaurants; Pros and cons of the concept.
- 3-of-4 say: Customers still fight price hikes. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p2
Highlights the results of a `FoodService Director' feedback poll which indicated that a majority of United States food service operators notice customer-resistance to menu-prices. Challenge of finding ways to pass the increase of food- and labor-costs on to the consumers; Demand for...
- Set another place: Study shows New Yorkers plan to keep dining out. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p4
Highlights a study which showed that New Yorkers have no intention of cutting back on their dining-out frequency in 2001. Factors affecting the food service sector; Study conducted by the Yankelovich Partners for the famed 21 Club.
- During Tough Times, Bring Comfort To The Troops. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2002, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p10
Points out lessons learned in the food service profession. Importance of understanding what customer wants for the food service business; Key denominator on the food preference of customers.