Herman Miller Updates Cafeteria
- Also Eases Overcrowding: Employee cafeteria offers dining room, conf. center. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p18
Deals with the state-of-the-art combination of cafeteria and conference center of the Herman Miller Inc. in Zeeland, Michigan. Comments from Michael Kalinowski, manager of food service; Description of the facility; Examples of lunch entrees.
- Spatial craft. Stein, K.D. // Architectural Record;Jun1989, Vol. 177 Issue 7, p98
Describes a striking new showroom for Herman Miller, Inc. at the company's regional outpost in Atlanta, Georgia. Details the design by architects, Scogin Elam and Bray.
- Designs to live by. Stein, K.D. // Architectural Record;Jun1989, Vol. 177 Issue 7, p106
Company profile of Herman Miller, Inc., a furniture company based in Zeeland , Mich. Describes the company's Modernist style and traces the company's transformation from revivalist to trend-setter.
- Everything That's Old Suddenly Is New Again. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/25/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 26, pB8
Features Herman Miller Inc.'s furniture line in Michigan. Distinctiveness of design; Herman Miller's furniture sales; Pieces reintroduced by the company in 2001.
- Special Delivery. Alsenas, Linas // Interior Design;Nov2001, Vol. 72 Issue 14, p82
Features the showroom building of the company Herman Miller in Manhattan, New York. Design of the showroom by designer Brett Tipert; Details on the design of the showroom; Physical description of the showroom.
- Limited edition. Margolies, Jane // House Beautiful;Oct96, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p48
Features furnitures which were formerly made of rosewood material from Herman Miller Inc., a furniture manufacturer. Number of manufactured chairs and screens made out of rosewood; Cost of the products.
- HMI to host environmental conference. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/09/96, Vol. 14 Issue 37, pB5
Reports on Herman Miller Inc.'s hosting of an environmental conference on October 30, 1996 at the Holiday Inn Conference Center in Holland. Keynote speakers; Topics for discussion.
- Herman Miller goal: Zero landfill. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/07/97, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on Michigan-based Herman Miller Inc.'s Zero Landfill goal. Amount of waste taken to the landfill in 1994; Recognition for the company's environmental initiatives.
- Herman Miller taxed. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/08/97, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Reports that Circuit Court judge in Ingham County, Michigan has ruled that Herman Miller Inc. won't receive more than $400,000 tax refund from the state. Hopes of the company that the case will be a wake-up call for the state; Details of the case; Decision of the company not to pursue an appeal.