RELATION OF ABDOMINAL BLOATING TO PHYSICAL DISTENSION IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME: EFFECT OF BOWEL HABIT
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: What it is and what you can do. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;3/4/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 139, p3
The article offers insights on irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and the ways on how to take care of a person who is suffering from IBS.
- The Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Horwitz, Brenda J.; Fisher, Robert S. // New England Journal of Medicine;06/14/2001, Vol. 344 Issue 24, p1846
Presents information on irritable bowel syndrome. Epidemiologic features, including altered bowel motility; Diagnosis; Treatment; Value of establishment of trust in doctor-patient relationship.
- The Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Review and a Graduated Multicomponent Treatment Approach. Drossman, Douglas A.; Thompson, W. Grant // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/92 Part 1, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1009
Offers information on irritable bowel syndrome. Definition; Epidemiology and pathophysiology; Diagnosis and treatment.
- Cognitive Psychotherapy and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Introduction to the Special Issue. Blanchard, Edward B. // Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy;Summer2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p99
Introduces a series of articles on psychological treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Linked to Emotional Abuse. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Deals with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Clinical manifestations of the disease; Cause of the abdominal disease; Treatment.
- More women than men seek treatment for IBS. Gannon, Kathi // Drug Topics;5/5/2003 Supplement, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p17S
Discusses the prevalence and management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Major role played by pharmacists in treating patients with IBS; Symptoms of IBS; Predominance of IBS in women than men; Therapeutic agents in the treatment of IBS.
- Irritable bowel syndrome--what it is and what it isn't. // Medical Update;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p2
Provides information on causes and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- The Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Mechanisms and a Practical Approach to Management. Camilleri, Michael; Prather, Charlene M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/92 Part 1, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1001
Presents a review of literature describing the pathophysiology and treatment of patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Mechanisms leading to the irritable bowel syndrome; Diagnostic strategy in suspected irritable bowel syndrome; Implications for future studies.
- Management of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Different Views of the Same Disease. Almy, Thomas P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/92 Part 1, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1027
Editorial. Comments on a series of articles that deal with the management of irritable bowel syndrome. Recommendations included in the articles; Differences in the approach in giving the psychophysiologic aspects of the syndrome; Implications of the study findings for physicians.