RESPONSES TO KININ AGONISTS IN NON-INFLAMED CAECAL MUCOSA FROM PATIENTS WITH ULCERATIVE COLITIS
- Recent Indications and Methods of Surgery for Inflammatory Bowel Disease. S. Ohki; S. Terashima; K. Sekikawa; S. Takenoshita; M. Gotoh // Current Drug Targets - Inflammation & Allergy;Jun2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p113
Inflammatory bowel disease, notably ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn disease (CD), is basically benign, but sometimes develops into serious or fatal cancer. While the primary therapies are medical, such as pharmacotherapy and dietetic modification, intractable, serious, and cancerous cases can...
- Ulcerative colitis. Ghosh, Subrata // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/22/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7242, p1119
Provides information on ulcerative colitis. Clinical features and diagnosis; Etiology; Clinical management; Failure of medical management and its indications for surgery.
- What's new in inflammatory bowel disease in 2008? Baumgart, Daniel C. // World Journal of Gastroenterology;1/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p329
Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease represent the two major forms of inflammatory bowel disease. In this highlight topic series of articles we cover the latest developments in genetics and epidemiology, intestinal physiology, mucosal immunology, mechanisms of epithelial cell injury and...
- PREVALENCE AND MANAGEMENT OF INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE: DATA FROM PRIMARY CARE RECORDS, INCLUDING 5-ASA PRESCRIBING AND COMPLIANCE. Stone, M.A.; Mayberry, J.F.; Baker, R.B. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA68
Background: Data from general practice (GP) records in North Tees (Rubin et al, 2000) suggested a higher prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) than previous estimates from hospital data. Regular prescribing of 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) therapy can reduce the risk of colorectal...
- Chronic Ulcerative Colitis. Levy, Jerome S.; Riherd, Leslie // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1968, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p208
Examines the incidence of nonspecific ulcerative colitis in a private general hospital in the U.S. over a three ten-year periods. Method of treatment of ulcerative colitis; Incidence of complications of the disease; Severity of the disorder in Arkansas.
- THE PROBLEM OF NONSPECIFIC ULCERATIVE COLITIS IN THE NEW ORLEANS AREA. Jones, Charles A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1956, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p679
Focuses on the prevalence of the problem of nonspecific ulcerative colitis in New Orleans, Louisiana. Details on the basic concept of ulcerative colitis; Characteristics of nonspecific ulcerative colitis; Number of people affected by the disease.
- Fenotipo e historia natural de la enfermedad inflamatoria intestinal en un centro de referencia en Medellï¿½n-Colombia. Ba�os, Fabi�n Juliao; V�lez, Mario Hern�n Ruiz; Arango, Jos� Fernando Fl�rez; G�mez, Jorge Hernando Donado; Zuluaga, Juan Ignacio Mar�n; Arango, Claudia Monsalve; G�mez, Carlos Andr�s Jim�nez; Zapata, Yineth Agudelo; Velayos, Fernando S. // Revista Colombiana de Gastroenterologï¿½a;Jul2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p240
Worldwide the frequencies of inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohnï¿½s disease have all increased. In our own environment it has become necessary to establish the epidemiology of these entities and to determine their clinical and endoscopic behavior. Methodology: This is a...
- Appendectomy and Protection against Ulcerative Colitis. Andersson, Roland E.; Olaison, Gunnar; Tysk, Curt; Ekbom, Anders // New England Journal of Medicine;03/15/2001, Vol. 344 Issue 11, p808
Background: A history of appendectomy is rare in patients with ulcerative colitis. This suggests a protective effect of appendectomy or that appendicitis and ulcerative colitis are alternative inflammatory responses. We sought to characterize this inverse relation further. Methods: We studied a...
- Changes in chemical coding of myenteric neurones in ulcerative colitis. Neunlist, M.; Aubert, P.; Toquet, C.; Oreshkova, T.; Barouk, J.; Lehur, P.A.; Schemann, M.; Galmiche, J.P. // Gut;Jan2003, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p84
Background: Morphological and functional changes in the enteric nervous system (ENS) have been reported in inflammatory bowel diseases but it is still uncertain whether neurochemical coding of myenteric neurones is altered in ulcerative colitis (UC). Aims: In this study we investigated...