THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE ON RADIOLOGICAL SERVICES
- Antibiotic use and inflammatory bowel diseases in childhood. Anders Hviid // Gut;Jan2011, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p49
BACKGROUND: The composition of the intestinal microflora has been proposed as an important factor in the development of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). Antibiotics have the potential to alter the composition of the intestinal microflora. A study was undertaken to evaluate the potential...
- Pneumatosis Intestinalis: Not Always a Surgical Indication. Zhang, Haijing; Jun, Stephanie L.; Brennan, Todd V. // Case Reports in Surgery;2012, p1
We present a case of pneumatosis intestinalis (PI) of the colon in the setting of inflammatory bowel disease that was treated with medical management rather than emergent surgery. While the reflex response to extraluminal air in the abdomen is abdominal exploration, consideration of the clinical...
- CAN THE NEED FOR AZATHIPRINE BE PREDICTED AT THE TIME OF INITIAL PRESENTATION WITH IBD? // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA14
Presents an abstract of the study 'Can the Need for Azathioprine be Predicted at the Time of Initial Presentation With IBD?,' by H. Mossop, P. Davies and M.S. Murphy, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Successful intervention for IBS. Ruckert, Linden // Pulse;9/30/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 37, p44
Examines inflammatory bowel syndrome. Percentage of the population affected with the disease; Disturbance of gut motility; Signs and symptoms of the disease; Association of the disease with anxiety and depression; Medication of choice.
- Fecal Biomarkers in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Kang-Moon Lee // Intestinal Research;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p73
Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are idiopathic, remitting and relapsing diseases causing chronic inflammation of intestine. Initial diagnosis, assessment of disease activity, and prediction of treatment outcomes present challenges to physicians in clinical care of IBD. Therefore it is critical...
- Mesalazine. // Reactions Weekly;Oct2015, Vol. 1572 Issue 1, p146
The article presents a case study of a 38-year-old man who was diagnosed with myocarditis during treatment with mesalazine for inflammatory bowel disease.
- New therapeutic approach in inflammatory bowel disease. PAPA, A.; MOCCI, G.; SCALDAFERRI, F.; BONIZZI, M.; FELICE, C.; ANDRISANI, G.; GASBARRINI, A. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Jan2009 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue S-1, p33
In the last decade, biologic agents, in particular infliximab and adalimumab, have deeply changed the therapeutic armamentarium of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). However, these drugs have a number of contraindications and side-effects that physicians should know so to avoid and eventually...
- Simple strategies to soothe your stomach. Meyerowitz, Steve // Better Nutrition;Jul2000, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p60
Offers suggestions on how to treat inflammatory bowel disease. Symptoms; Characteristics of leaky gut syndrome; Herbal remedies to increase friendly lactic acid bacteria; Increase of fiber in the diet; Risk factors.
- Gut Microbiota in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Jung Ok Shim // Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition;Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p17
The gut mucosal barrier plays an important role in maintaining a delicate immune homeostasis. The pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is considered to involve a defective mucosal immunity along with a genetic predisposition. Recent views have suggested an excessive response to...