INCREASED PREVALENCE OF IgM ANTICARDIOLIPIN ANTIBODIES IN PATIENTS WITH PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSIS
- Evidence for an Immunological Pathogenesis of Thrombocytopenia in Chronic Liver Disease. Kajiwara, Eiji; Akagi, Kimihiro; Azuma, Koichi; Onoyama, Kaoru; Fujishima, Masatoshi // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1995, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p962
Objectives: To elucidate the role of platelet-associated IgG (PA-IgG) in the mechanism of thrombocytopenia associated with chronic liver disease. Methods: Platelet count in blood, PA-IgG, and scintigraphic spleen/liver ratio as a marker of splenomegaly was examined in 214 individuals, including...
- Liver cirrhosis. // Nursing Standard;11/22/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p58
A quiz concerning liver cirrhosis is presented.
- Diagnosis accuracy of serum Glypican-3 level in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and liver cirrhosis: a meta-analysis. LIU, J.-W.; ZUO, X.-L.; WANG, S. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;2015, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p3655
OBJECTIVE: The diagnostic value of serum GPC3 levels in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and liver cirrhosis remains controversial. Therefore, we performed a meta-analysis to assess the diagnostic accuracy of serum GPC3 for HCC and liver cirrhosis (LC). MATERIALS AND METHODS: A...
- Liver cirrhosis: lobar differences in disease progression and carcinogenesis. Sakon, Masato // Journal of Gastroenterology;2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p479
Comments on a study by S. Arjizumi et al on lobar differences in liver disease progression and carcinogenesis. Factors that influence differences in progression of liver cirrhosis among liver segments; Segment where hepatocellular carcinoma occurs frequently; Role of blood flow in hypertrophy...
- Type 1 diabetes associated with chronic liver disease. Taliercio, Adam // Endocrine Today;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p11
The article explores a study on patient with type 1 diabetes' greater risk for developing chronic liver disease, which was concluded by the researchers after they found that 14 type 1 diabetes patients in their study developed cirrhosis.
- Liver I. // Gut;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 63, pA87
The article presents abstracts on studies done on liver diseases on topics including reduced amount of serum sodium in patients treated with terlipressin, care in decompensated cirrhosis, and management of patients with decompensated liver disease.
- Immunological diseases of the pancreatico-hepatobiliary system: update on etiopathogenesis and cross-sectional imaging findings. Garg, Deepak; Nagar, Arpit; Philips, Shaile; Takahashi, Naoki; Prasad, Srinivasa; Shanbhogue, Alampady; Sahani, Dushyant // Abdominal Imaging;Apr2012, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p261
Immunological diseases of the hepatobiliary system and the pancreas include a broad spectrum of disorders that manifest characteristic histopathology/serology and variable clinical features and imaging findings. Recent studies have thrown fresh light on the complex role of genetics and...
- Erratum: Translocated Liver. E.J.H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar70, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p437
Presents a correction to the article 'Waldentrom's Macroglobulinemia with Increased Serum IgG Levels Treated With Low Level Doses of Cyclophosphamide' by Roger M. Cass, Burton R. Anderson and John W. Vaughan, published in the November issue of the periodical "Annals of Internal Medicine".
- CLINICAL PROFILE OF CASES OF ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE. Suthar, Hemang; Suthar, Kaushal; Mewada, Bhavna // International Journal of Medical Science & Public Health;2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p394
Background: Alcohol is most common substance abused. Alcoholic liver disease is a major health care problem in India. Alcohol consumption is directly associated with liver disease mortality and accounts for increased social and economic costs. Alcoholic liver disease may take the forms of acute...