AUDIT OF SECOND LINE H PYLORI ERADICATION IN A DISTRICT HOSPITAL OVER FIVE YEARS
- Helicobacter pylori-negative gastric and duodenal ulcers. Tsuji, Hideharu; Kohli, Yoshihiro; Fukumitsu, Shinji; Morita, Kiyoshi; Kaneko, Hiroto; Ohkawara, Tohru; Minami, Masahito; Ueda, Kazushige; Sawa, Yoshihiko; Matsuzaki, Haruki; Morinaga, Osamu; Ohkawara, Yasuo // Journal of Gastroenterology;1999, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p455
Abstract: It is unclear whether Helicobacter pylori infection is essential to the development of peptic ulcers. In this study, we examined the rates of H. pylori-negativity among patients with peptic ulcers. We also attempted to clarify the characteristics of H. pylori-negative peptic ulcers to...
- Childhood ulcers. // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the incidence of peptic ulcers in children. Infection with Helicobacter pylori.
- Helicobacter pylori Infection and the Risk for Duodenal and Gastric Ulceration. Nomura, Abraham; Stemmermann, Grant N.; Chyou, Po-Huang; Perez-Perez, Guillermo I.; Blaser, Martin J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/94, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p977
Presents information on a study which determined whether a preexisting Helicobacter pylori infection increases the risk for developing duodenal or gastric ulcer. Characteristics of patients with peptic ulcer and controls; Methodology; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- Factors Associated with Helicobacter pylori Infection by a cagA-Positive Strain in Children. Queiroz, Dulciene M.M.; Mendes, Edilberto N.; Carvalho, Anfrisina S.T.; Rocha, Gifone A.; Oliveira, Andreia M.R.; Soares, Taciana F.; Santos, Adriana; Cabral, Monica M.D.A.; Nogueira, Ana M.M.F. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;2/1/2000, Vol. 181 Issue 2, p626
Studies factors associated with Helicobacter pylori infection by a cagA-positive strain in children. Essential factor in the pathogenesis of duodenal peptic ulcer; Relationship between ulcerogenesis and infection with a cagA-positive Helicobacter pylori strain in children; Characteristics of...
- The end of the era of maintenance therapy for peptic ulcer disease? Chiba, Tsutomu // Journal of Gastroenterology;2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p873
Editorial. Suggests that Helicobacter pylori eradication should be considered as the first-line therapy for active peptic ulcer disease, according to a study published in the November 2000 issue of the `Journal of Gastroenterology.'
- Ulcers and bacteria--the role of H. pylori. // American Family Physician;11/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p1729
Cites the role of Helicobacter pylori in the development of peptic ulcers. Importance of treating H. pylori infection; All patients with stomach and duodenal ulcers as needing HH. pylori infection treatment; Antibiotic treatment for H. pylori infection.
- Bleeding peptic ulcer in Japan: Role of Helicobacter pylori infection and NSAIDs use. Ootani, H.; Kikkawa, A.; Shimoda, R.; Oda, K.; Fujise, T.; Nakahara, S.; Tsunada, S.; Sakata, H.; Iwakiri, R.; Kujimoto, K. // Gut;Sep2002 Supplement 2, Vol. 51, pA64
Aim: The aim of this study is to investigate the characteristics of bleeding peptic ulcer in Japan, including the role of H. pylori infection and NSAIDs use. Patients and Methods: This study was prospectively intended for patients who have a bleeding peptic ulcer at emergent endoscopy in our...
- TESTING FOR AND ERADICATION OF H PYLORI INFECTION IS INADEQUATELY PERFORMED IN PATIENTS WITH PEPTIC ULCER PERFORATION. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA78
Helicobacter pylori (HP) is a major cause of peptic ulcer disease (PUD) and acute duodenal ulcer perforation is one of the commonest complications of PUD. Eradication of HP prevents ulcer recurrence and complications in patients with HP associated perforated duodenal ulcer. The aim of this study...
- Two-Day Quadruple Therapy for Cure of Helicobacter pylori Infection: A Comparative, Randomized Trial. Calvet, X.; García, N.; Campo, R.; Brullet, E.; Comet, R.; Navarro, M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1998, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p932
Objective: We sought to compare a 2-day quadruple therapy with a 14-day triple therapy in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection. Methods: Eighty-one consecutive patients with an endoscopically diagnosed peptic ulcer and demonstrated infection by H. pylori were included...