RAPID AND SUSTAINED SYMPTOM RELIEF WITH ON- DEMAND RAREPRAZOLE TREATMENT IN PATIENTS WITH NON-EROSIVE REFLUX DISEASE
- A pharmacist's guide to heartburn therapy. Peleqrin, Grete M. // Pharmacy Today;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 10, p20
The article discusses heartburn with the help of over-the-counter drugs. Heartburn afflicts millions of Americans and is the hallmark of gastroesophageal rellux disease and erosive esophagilis. However, the angina like pain often caused by heartburn can be related to a more serious problem. OTC...
- ASK THE EXPERTS. // Natural Health;Dec/Jan2005, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p24
This article discusses several remedies to prevent heart burn. If an individual frequently suffers from heartburn, he should try wearing loosefitting clothes because tight clothes worsen the condition by putting pressure on the stomach, Don't eat less then two or three hours before one goes to...
- Heartburn. // American Family Physician;11/15/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p2033
Provides information on heartburn. Definition; Causes; Tips on stopping heartburn.
- Your doctor is in. Manson, Joann E. // Glamour;Apr2006, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p142
The article provides information about heartburn. Overweight individuals are more prone to the disease. A heartburn is also caused by going to bed fewer than three hours after a meal. This symptom must not be ignored since it can signal gastroesophageal reflux disease. Despite the availability...
- Got Heartburn? Bannan, Karen J. // Good Housekeeping;Jan2004, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p71
Presents information on heartburn. Causes of heartburn; Features of heartburn; Medications recommended to treat heartburn.
- Arbaclofen Placarbil in GERD: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Vakil, Nimish B.; Huff, F. Jacob; Bian, Amy; Jones, Drew S.; Stamler, David // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2011, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p1427
OBJECTIVES:It has been shown that arbaclofen placarbil (AP) inhibits reflux in gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) following single oral dosing. This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of AP over 4 weeks in subjects with symptomatic GERD.METHODS:One hundred fifty-six subjects with...
- Cholinergic Therapy of Chronic Heartburn. Farrell, Raymond; Roling, Gerald; Castell, Donald // Annals of Internal Medicine;May74, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p573
Reports on the results of a study using oral bethanechol and placebo in the treatment of patients with chronic heartburn. Major factor in the pathophysiology of gastroesophageal reflux; Materials and methods used in the study; Effect of bethanecol or placebo in producing symptomatic improvement.
- BURN out. MURRAY, MICHREL T. // Better Nutrition;Sep2011, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p26
The article presents an overview of the human digestive process and discusses factors which can lead to indigestion. A discussion of several dietary supplements which can be used to aid digestion, including Dr. Venessa's Formulas Digestion Balance supplements, Enzymedica Acid Soothe supplements...
- Prevalence and Clinical Spectrum of Gastroesophageal Reflux: A Population-Based Study in Asan-si, Korea. Cho, Young-Seok; Choi, Myung-Gyu; Jeong, Jeong-Jo; Chung, Woo-Chul; Lee, In-Seok; Kim, Sang-Woo; Han, Sok-Won; Choi, Kyu-Yong; Chung, In-Sik // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2005, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p747
BACKGROUND AND AIMS: This study estimated the prevalence and clinical spectrum of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in Asan-si, Korea, as the prevalence is believed to be lower than in Western countries.METHODS: A cross-sectional survey, using a reliable and valid questionnaire, was...