TECHNICAL OUTCOMES OF ERCP IN PAEDIATRIC PATIENTS
- Chronic Constipation in Your Child. // American Family Physician;2/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 3, preceding p479
Presents information on chronic constipation in children. Description of constipation; Causes of constipation; Diagnosis of constipation.
- Recurrent Abdominal Pain. // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1970 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue S1, p223
The article discusses the diagnosis and management of recurrent abdominal pain in children. The etiology of recurrent abdominal pain in children includes organic and emotional. The family history plays a vital role in diagnosing an emotional disturbance as the etiology for a child's recurrent...
- Diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux and anti-reflux procedures among polish children with gastrostomies: a 10-year nationwide analysis. Toporowska-Kowalska, E; Gębora-Kowalska, B; Fendler, W; Popińska, K; Szlagatys-Sidorkiewicz, A; Grzybowska-Chlebowczyk, U; Wiernicka, A; Borkowska, A; Sibilska, M; Więcek, S; Hapyn, E; Kierkuś, J // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Nov2013, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p1169
Background/Objectives:To analyse the approach to diagnose gastroesophageal reflux (GER) and the qualification criteria for anti-reflux (AR) procedures in Polish children fed via gastrostomy between 2000 and 2010.Subjects/Methods:An electronic questionnaire containing questions on the demographic...
- Pathologic Quiz Case An 11-Year-Old Boy With Acute-Onset Right Lower Abdominal Pain. Sa Wang; Fadare, Oluwole // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Feb2004, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p239
Presents a quiz concerning acute-onset right lower abdominal pain in an 11-year-old boy diagnose. Background of the case; Results of the physical examination; Histology of the tumor.
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Nguyen, Phuong Christine; Garcia-Careaga, Manuel; Bass, Dorsey // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep2005, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p641
This article discusses the case of a pediatric female patient with gastrointestinal bleeding. The child presented with significant upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to an unusual foreign body ingestion, which is raw pasta. There are no previous reports of gastrointestinal bleeding due to raw...
- Therapy of Diarrheal Disease in Early Childhood. Jelliffe, D. B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1967, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p355
This article focuses on the therapy of diarrheal disease in early childhood, in which treatment principles are based on observations in the tropics. The term diarrheal disease or early childhood embraces a group of disease states due to various interrelated causes in which the cardinal feature...
- Statement offers guidance for feeding tube placement. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the move of trade body European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition which published a statement on the proper placement of feeding tubes on children with nutrition and feeding difficulties.
- Does constipation cause abdominal pain in childhood? Ward, H. C.; Hosie, G. P. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Feb1998, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p80
The article discusses the co-relation between abdominal pain and constipation for children. It is suggested that the usual labeling of constipation as a cause of abdominal pain but there is little medical evidence to substantiate the assumption. A pathophysiological analysis of childhood...
- A case series on intussusceptions in infants presenting with listlessness. Paul, Siba P.; Candy, David C. A.; Pandya, Nikila // Infant;Sep2010, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p174
Intussusception is characterised by abdominal pain, vomiting and blood in stools. However, in younger infants it may present with non-classical symptoms such as listlessness, pallor, decreased feeding, and being non-specifically unwell. Three cases of intussusception in young infants who...