TECHNICAL OUTCOMES OF ERCP IN PAEDIATRIC PATIENTS
- Chronic Constipation in Your Child. // American Family Physician;2/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 3, preceding p479
Presents information on chronic constipation in children. Description of constipation; Causes of constipation; Diagnosis of constipation.
- Recurrent Abdominal Pain. // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1970 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue S1, p223
The article discusses the diagnosis and management of recurrent abdominal pain in children. The etiology of recurrent abdominal pain in children includes organic and emotional. The family history plays a vital role in diagnosing an emotional disturbance as the etiology for a child's recurrent...
- Diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux and anti-reflux procedures among polish children with gastrostomies: a 10-year nationwide analysis. Toporowska-Kowalska, E; Gębora-Kowalska, B; Fendler, W; Popińska, K; Szlagatys-Sidorkiewicz, A; Grzybowska-Chlebowczyk, U; Wiernicka, A; Borkowska, A; Sibilska, M; Więcek, S; Hapyn, E; Kierkuś, J // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Nov2013, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p1169
Background/Objectives:To analyse the approach to diagnose gastroesophageal reflux (GER) and the qualification criteria for anti-reflux (AR) procedures in Polish children fed via gastrostomy between 2000 and 2010.Subjects/Methods:An electronic questionnaire containing questions on the demographic...
- Pathologic Quiz Case An 11-Year-Old Boy With Acute-Onset Right Lower Abdominal Pain. Sa Wang; Fadare, Oluwole // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Feb2004, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p239
Presents a quiz concerning acute-onset right lower abdominal pain in an 11-year-old boy diagnose. Background of the case; Results of the physical examination; Histology of the tumor.
- Therapy of Diarrheal Disease in Early Childhood. Jelliffe, D. B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1967, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p355
This article focuses on the therapy of diarrheal disease in early childhood, in which treatment principles are based on observations in the tropics. The term diarrheal disease or early childhood embraces a group of disease states due to various interrelated causes in which the cardinal feature...
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Nguyen, Phuong Christine; Garcia-Careaga, Manuel; Bass, Dorsey // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep2005, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p641
This article discusses the case of a pediatric female patient with gastrointestinal bleeding. The child presented with significant upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to an unusual foreign body ingestion, which is raw pasta. There are no previous reports of gastrointestinal bleeding due to raw...
- Statement offers guidance for feeding tube placement. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the move of trade body European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition which published a statement on the proper placement of feeding tubes on children with nutrition and feeding difficulties.
- New hope for children with cyclic vomiting syndrome. Li, B. U. K.; Howard, Jennifer C. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p121
Provides information on cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS) which can help pediatrics diagnose CVS accurately and in a timely fashion, thereby avoiding the delays that often occur when the condition is misdiagnosed as acute gastroenteritis, gastroesophageal reflux, food poisoning, or psychogenic...
- Diagnosis, misdiagnosis, and associated diseases of achalasia in children and adolescents: a twelve-year single center experience. Hallal, Cristiane; Kieling, Carlos; Nunes, Daltro; Ferreira, Cristina; Peterson, Guilherme; Barros, Sérgio; Arruda, Cristina; Fraga, José; Goldani, Helena // Pediatric Surgery International;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p1211
Purpose: Although achalasia is a rare disorder in children, its symptom may mimic common childhood diseases. This study aimed to assess the diagnosis and management of achalasia in children and adolescents in a Brazilian single center during a 12-year period. Methods: Patients with achalasia...