WHAT ARE THE ENDOSCOPIC REQUIREMENTS OF A CANCER CENTRE?
- AN AUDIT OF IN-HOSPITAL ENDOSCOPIC WORKLOAD IN TWO UK TEACHING HOSPITALS. Reddy, A.; Oppong, K.; Thompson, N. P. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA43
This article focuses on a study related to an audit of in-hospital endoscopic workload in two British teaching hospitals. All endoscopic units are under increasing workload pressures. Part of this demand is for inpatient referrals. Delays in meeting this demand would not only result in delays in...
- In Memoriam... Alan Sartorelli: A Personal Remembrance. BERTINO, JOSEPH R. // Oncologist;Dec2015, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1457
The article presents an obituary for Dr. Alan Sartorelli, the Alfred Gilman Professor of Pharmacology at the Yale University School of Medicine.
- Ohio students explore health careers at academy launched by foundation. // AHA News;10/7/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p8
Features the Aultman Jackson Academy for Careers, a health career academy launched by Aultman Health Foundation in Canton, Ohio. Description of the school program.
- Hospital drops Littleton cancer center plan. Bixby, Lyn // New Hampshire Business Review;12/12/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p1B
Focuses on the decision of Littleton Regional Hospital officials to proceed with construction of a cancer treatment center in Littleton, New Hampshire. Controversy of the issue; Petition of the officials to build a radiation treatment facility; Competition of the proposal with...
- education resource listing. // Massage & Bodywork;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p122
The article offers information on various education resources in the U.S. It mentions that Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP) provides new online courses which include Therapist Boundaries, Client Interviews and Enriching Relaxation. It says that the Back Flower Remedy Training...
- Today's Teaching Hospitals: Old Stereotypes and New Realities. Butler, Peter W.; Bentley, James D.; Knapp, Richard M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct80, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p614
Provides information on teaching hospitals. Definition of teaching hospitals; Distinguishing characteristics of teaching hospitals; Evolution of medical education and teaching hospitals; Description of the teaching hospital environment; Costs of teaching hospitals.
- Kimberly Graham: Survivor and Teacher. Weege, Melissa // Radiation Therapist;Fall2013, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p237
In this article, the author reflects on Kimberly Graham, radiation therapy student at the University of Wisconsinâ€“La Crosse in La Crosse, Wisconsin. She mentions that students are taught to be patient centered in the first year of the radiation therapy program. She focuses on Graham a...
- education resource listing. // Massage & Bodywork;May/Jun2011, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p122
The article lists the details of institutes imparting knowledge on massage therapy in U.S. including Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals, Bach International Education Program, and Bellanina Institute.
- A Comparison of Endoscopic Laser Therapy and BICAP Tumor Probe Therapy for Esophageal Cancer. Fleischer, David // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1987, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p608
Compares the effectiveness of endoscopic laser therapy and bipolar electrocoagulating (BICAP) tumors probe therapy in the treatment of esophageal cancer. Design of the BICAP tumor probe; Techniques for using the BICAP tumor probe and endoscopic laser therapy; Chracteristics of an ideal therapy...