IMPROVED PATIENT ACCESS TO LOWER GI SERVICES IN A DISTRICT GENERAL HOSPITAL: THE RESULTS OF SERVICE RE-DESIGN
- Future Shaky For Proposed Surgery Centers. Murphy, Kevin // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/16/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p9
Deals with the efforts of the Alliance for Health to evaluate several certificate of need applications introduced in Grand Rapids, Michigan in January 2006. Changes in the standards for developing ambulatory surgery centers; Comments on the endorsement of proposed construction of the Surgery...
- St. John Providence delays move of rehabilitation services. Greene, Jay // Crain's Detroit Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p2
The article reports on the plans of St. John Providence Health System to postpone the transferring of outpatient rehabilitation services at St. John North Shores Hospital in Harrison to a new location.
- Respiratory day hospital: a novel approach to acute respiratory care. Schwartzman, Kevin; Duquette, Guylaine; Zaoudé, May; Dion, Marie-Josée; Lagacé, Marie-Annie; Poitras, Jacinthe; Cosio, Manuel G. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/16/2001, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p1067
Abstract IN 1996 WE ESTABLISHED A DAY HOSPITAL DEDICATED to acute respiratory care, as an alternative to emergency department and inpatient treatment. The unit is staffed by respirologists, family physicians and specialized nurses; patients have access to all standard inpatient treatments and...
- Differences in income-related inequality and horizontal inequity in ambulatory care use between rural and non-rural areas: using the 1998-2001 U.S. National Health Interview Survey data. Hosung Shin; Jinsook Kim // International Journal for Equity in Health;2010, Vol. 9, p17
Background: To better understand income-related inequalities in health care use, it is imperative to identify sources of inequalities and assess the extent to which health care use is still related to income after differences in need across the income distribution are accounted for. Little is...
- Overcoming Barriers: Increasing Pediatric Flu Vaccination Rates. Sims, Maureen; Wodzisz, Amanda // AAACN Viewpoint;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- Teaming up to serve the underserved. Stetler, Carrie // Reflections on Nursing Leadership;2013 3rd Quarter, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p1
No abstract available.
- Contrasting an ER with a Medical Home. Holm, Rick // South Dakota Medicine;Dec2015, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p557
The article discusses the differences between outpatient clinic and emergency room (ER) care. Topics discussed include an overview of cases referred to the outpatient clinic and ER, outpatient clinic as patient-centered medical home outpatient care for preventive care and ER where people with...
- Strategic Response by Providers to Specialty Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Retail Clinics. Burns, Lawton R.; David, Guy; Helmchen, Lorens A. // Population Health Management;Apr2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p69
Radical innovation and disruptive technologies are frequently heralded as a solution to delivering higher quality, lower cost health care. According to the literature on disruption, local hospitals and physicians (incumbent providers) may be unable to competitively respond to such 'creative...
- Research. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Sep2008, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p50
The article offers information on the significance of community health centers (CHC) and HIV treatment in the U.S. These facilities are advantageous to the less fortunate population because it provides improved access to primary care including health care, outreach, dental care mental health,...