CINNAMON AND BENZOATE FREE DIET AS PRIMARY TREATMENT OF ORO-FACIAL GRANULOMATOSIS
- Cinnamon and Its Metabolite Sodium Benzoate Attenuate the Activation of p21rac and Protect Memory and Learning in an Animal Model of Alzheimerâ€™s Disease. Modi, Khushbu K.; Roy, Avik; Brahmachari, Saurabh; Rangasamy, Suresh B.; Pahan, Kalipada // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
This study underlines the importance of cinnamon, a commonly used natural spice and flavoring material, and its metabolite sodium benzoate (NaB) in attenuating oxidative stress and protecting memory and learning in an animal model of Alzheimerâ€™s disease (AD). NaB, but not sodium formate,...
- Sri Lanka ready for spice war. // Eastern Eye;10/17/2014, Issue 1273, p34
The article reports on the threats that Ceylon cinnamon is facing in the market from another product called cassia.
- Lateral thyrotomy with strap muscle transposition for Teflon granuloma. Ming-Wang Hsiung; Yu-Liang Lin // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Apr2005, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p298
Lateral thyrotomy and strap muscle transposition have been used independently before. However, the published literature does not record the coordinated use of both procedures in the treatment of Teflon granuloma. In this paper, we present a case of vocal fold paralysis that had been treated...
- Cinnamon Consumption Reduces Symptoms of Primary Dysmenorrhea. Flenson, Shari // HerbalGram;Nov2015-Jan2016, Issue 108, p37
A review of the article "The Effect of Cinnamon on Menstrual Bleeding and Systemic Symptoms With Primary Dysmenorrhea" by M. Jaafarpour and colleagues, which appeared in the "Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal" in 2015, is presented.
- LABORATORY STUDY OF ANTICANDIDAL ACTIVITY OF CINNAMON ESSENTIAL OIL BY MICRODILUTION METHOD. SayahAlborzi, Shrareh; Ardestani, Zeinab Sadeghi; Yazdanparast, Seyed Amir // Jundishapur Journal of Microbiology;2013 Special Edition, p14
Introduction and Objectives: Patients with candidiasis could be treated with antifungal drugs. Due to prevalence of fungal infection, high cost of antifungal drug, side effects and drug resistance, It seems that Herbal medicines are suitable for the treatment of fungal infections and many...
- Brain involvement in a Schistosoma mansoni myelopathy patient. Artal, F. J. C.; Mesquita, H. M.; de A. Gepp, R.; Antunes, J. S.; Kalil, R. K. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Apr2006, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p512
The article presents a case of a 65 year old Brazilian man with brain involvement in a Schistosoma mansoni myelopathy. The patient obtained pulse with methyl-prednisolone, having improved from paraparesis. After six months, he suffered several tonic-clonic partial seizures. The patient was...
- The nose: part 3. Watkins, Jean M. // Update;8/12/2004, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p53
The article presents information on problems related to nose. Trauma, such as nose picking, fracture or surgery can all cause epistaxis, as well as neoplastic problems such as polyp, carcinoma, lymphoma or Wegener's granuloma. Patients with hypertension, taking anticoagulants or with a bleeding...
- Dermalive Granuloma: A Lesion With Distinctive Histological Features. Steenkiste, E.; Marien, K.; van den Oord, J. // Internet Journal of Dermatology;2006, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p6
We report the clinical and histopathological findings in two patients who had undergone treatment of facial contour abnormalities with the injectable microimplant Dermalive. Both patients presented after approximately 18 months with subcutaneous clearly palpable indurations and nodules in the...
- Fun Valentine baking. // New York Amsterdam News;2/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p28
Present the cookery 'Sweet Heart Rolls' in New York, New York. Ingredients; Directions for the cookery preparation; Serving size.