QUALITY OF PERFORMANCE AT SCREENING FLEXIBLE SIGMOIDOSCOPY CORRELATES WITH ADENOMA DETECTION RATES
- Even tiny rectosigmoid adenomas warrant colonoscopy. // Modern Medicine;Apr97, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p54
Presents an abstract of the article `Importance of Adenomas 5mm or less in Diameter that Are Detected by Sigmoidoscopy,' by T.E. Read, J.D. Read et al, from the January 2, 1997 issue of the `New England Journal of Medicine.' Recommendation for colonoscopy for asymptomatic average-risk patients...
- Maximizing Detection of Adenomas and Cancers During Colonoscopy. Rex, Douglas K. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2006, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p2866
Some patients who undergo colonoscopy that appeared to have cleared the colorectum of neoplasia return within a short interval (1â€“3 yr) with colorectal cancer. Although several a priori mechanisms could account for this occurrence, wide variation in detection rates of adenomas and cancer...
- Continuing Medical Education Questions: March 2012. DeVault, Kenneth R; Reed, David; Shatnawei, Abdullah; Carter, Floyd; AlSayb, Majd // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2012, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p371
A continuing medical education quiz regarding adenoma detection and endoscopy is presented.
- ADR Improvement: The Result of the Intervention or the Hawthorne Effect. Sewitch, Maida J; Carpentier, Stephanie; Bessissow, Talat // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2013, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p1929
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "An endoscopic quality improvement program improves detection of colorectal adenomas" by S. G. Coe and colleagues in a previous issue of 2013.
- Efficacy of Cap-Assisted Colonoscopy in Comparison With Regular Colonoscopy: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Yuk Tong Lee; Lai, Larry Hin; Hui, Aric Josun; Wong, Vincent Wai Sun; Ching, Jessica Yuet Ling; Wong, Grace Lai Hung; Wu, Justin Che Yuen; Chan, Henry Lik Yuen; Wai Keung Leung; Lau, James Yun Wong; Sung, Joseph Jao Yiu; Ka Leung Chan, Francis // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2009, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p41
OBJECTIVES: Colonoscopy cannot be completed in up to 10% of cases. We postulate that cap-assisted colonoscopy (CAC), by fitting a mucosectomy cap to the tip of a colonoscope, could improve the outcome. METHODS: We conducted a prospective randomized controlled trial in two regional endoscopy...
- Oncocytoma of the nasal cavity: A case report. Fons, Mark E.; Poetker, David; Wakely Jr., Paul E. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p1
Oncocytomas arising in the nasal cavity are quite rare. These entities more commonly occur in the major salivary glands, minor salivary glands, respiratory seromucinous glands, and endocrine organs. Very few cases of oncocytoma in the nasal cavity have been reported, with only 5 diagnosed as...
- Endoscopic Trans-Nasal Trans-Sphenoidal (TNTS) Approach For Pituitary Adenomas: Our Experience. Varshney, Saurabh; Gupta, Charitesh; Bansal, K.; Bist, S.; Bhagat, Sanjeev // Indian Journal of Otolaryngology & Head & Neck Surgery;Aug2013 Supplement, Vol. 65, p308
Advances in optics, miniaturization, and endoscopic instrumentation have revolutionized surgery in the past decade. Current progress in the field of endoscopy promises to further this evolution: endoscopic telescopes and instruments have improved upon the optical and technical limitations of the...
- Are Endoscopic Measurements of Colonic Polyps Reliable? Fennerty, M. Brian; Davidson, Jonelle; Emerson, Scott S.; Sampliner, Richard E.; Hixson, Lee J.; Garewal, Harinder S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1993, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p496
Many clinical studies of colorectal adenomatous polyps rely on endoscopic estimation of polyp size. To examine the reliability of such measurements, we conducted a study using artificial polyps in an endoscopy teaching model. Eight experienced endoscopists estimated the size of 13 polyps in two...
- Endoscopy. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2014 Supplement, Vol. 109, pS444
The article presents abstracts on medical topics related to endoscopy including endoscopy in thrombocytopenic patients, use of high-resolution colonoscopy in adenoma detection, and small bowel capsule endoscopy in patients with implantable cardiac defibrillators and permanent pacemakers.