VASCULOGENISIS IN COLITIS: BONE MARROW STEM CELLS ENGRAFT AND TRANSDIFFERENTIATE TO FORM VASCULAR CELL LINEAGES
- Prognostic impact of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma subgroups in patients undergoing autologous SCT. Hallack Neto, A. E.; Dulley, F. L.; Coelho Siqueira, S. A.; Pracchia, L. F.; Belesso, M.; Saboya, R.; Sturaro, D.; Amigo-Filho, J. U.; Mendrone Junior, A.; Chamone, D. A. F.; Pereira, J. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Feb2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p323
A total of 53 patients aged 18â€“60 years with high-intermediate or high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) were evaluated to analyze the impact of the cell of origin. Of 53 patients, 16 underwent autologous SCT (ASCT) in first remission and the rest received conventional...
- Numerical impairment of nestin+ bone marrow niches in acute GvHD after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for AML. Medinger, M; Krenger, W; Jakab, A; Halter, J; Buser, A; Bucher, C; Passweg, J; Tzankov, A // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Nov2015, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p1453
The nestin+ perivascular bone marrow (BM) stem cell niche (N+SCN) may be involved in GvHD. To investigate whether acute GvHD (aGvHD) reduces the number of N+SCN, we examined patients with AML who had undergone allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In the test cohort (n=8), the...
- New hope for patients who need bone marrow transplants. // Modern Medicine;Nov94, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p40
Reports on the findings of a research at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas about the transplantation of stem cells harvested from placenta and umbilical cord blood as a safe alternative for cancer patients who need bone marrow transplants (BMT). Matching of the bone...
- Tetanus immunity in autologous bone marrow and blood stem cell transplant recipients. Hammarstrom, V.; Pauksen, K.; Bjorkstrand, B.; Simonsson, B.; Oberg, G.; Ljungman, P. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p67
The aims of this study were to assess long-term immunity and reimmunization responses against tetanus toxoid in recipients of autologous stem cell grafts and to compare immune status in patients who underwent ABMT or autologous blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT). Ninety patients were...
- 20. Late Effects and Quality of Life. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;3/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 5, pS223
Bone Marrow Transplantation (2001) 29, Suppl. 2, S223â€“S224. DOI: 10.1038/sj/bmt/1703489
- Blood and marrow transplantation activity in Europe 1996. Gratwohl, A; Passweg, J; Baldomero, H; Hermans, J // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p227
Transplant activity by members of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and related European teams is reported for 1996 by indication, donor type and stem cell source. Bearing in mind reports from previous years, the annual numbers of transplants for each indication,...
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation. Duncombe, Andrew // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/19/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7088, p1179
Focuses on bone marrow and stem cell transplantation. Definition of bone marrow transplantation; Comparison between allogeneic and autologous transplantation; Complications; Follow-up treatment and surveillance.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Hem/Onc Today;12/10/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p1
A chart is presented that shows survival outcomes yielded by peripheral blood stem cell transplantation and bone marrow transplantation.
- Blood and marrow transplantation activity in Europe 1997. Gratwohl, A; Passweg, J; Baldomero, H; Hermans, J // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/1/99, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p231
Data from the annual survey on transplant activity 1997, collected from 457 transplant teams in 31 European countries by the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) were used to describe current status and to assess relative and absolute changes in indication, donor type and...