Cost of Senate Bill Muni Provisions Rise
- Bond Bills May Survive Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p1
Reports on developments concerning proposed bond-related bills in the United States as of August 21, 2000. High- and lower-profile proposals that could become part of a possible tax package; Proposal by Representative Doug Bereuter.
- La. Authority Asks Lawmakers to Raise Bonding Ceiling, Unchanged Since '60s. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p44
Reports on the increase in the Health Education Authority of Louisiana's bonding capacity, under a bill introduced in the state's legislative session. Louisiana House of Representatives' approval of the bill; Representative Mitch Landrieu's introduction of the bill.
- Puerto Rico Legislature Debating Legal Venue for Bond Disputes. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article informs that Puerto Rico legislature is debating for the venue for conducting the hearings of the bond disputes as a part of creating a bill authorizing selling up to 3.5 billion dollars in bonds. It informs that Puerto Rico House of Representatives has passed a bill that will allow...
- Congress Poised to Pass Stimulus Bill. Schroeder, Peter; Durron, Audrey // Bond Buyer;2/13/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p1
The article reports that Congress is expected to pass a $789 billion economic stimulus bill that contains all of the proposed municipal bond initiatives in the U.S. Moreover, Congress is also expected to create a new provision that would eliminate the alternative mininum tax (AMT) for refundings...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33685, p4
The article offers information on various U.S. legislation related to bond markets. It mentions the House of Representative (HR) 992 called Building American Jobs Act, a bill which aims to extend Build America Bonds (BAB). It states that the HR 344: The Fiscal Responsibility Effective...
- New Congress Sees Bond Bills, Including Mortgage Revenue Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p36
Reports on the proposed municipal bond-related bills introduced in the 107th Congress in the United States. Plans to issue more mortgage revenue debt; Lifting of restrictions for Indian tribes to sell tax-exempt debt.
- Michigan Bill Allows Pension Bonds For Localities That Shut Down Plans. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/20/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33734, p6
The article presents information on the U.S. Senate Bill 1129, under which local governments in Michigan would be able to issue municipal bonds to pay off their unfunded pension liabilities.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p6
Lists several legislations affecting municipal bonds in the United States as of March 19, 1999. Includes private use bond restrictions on municipal electric utility; Airport Improvement Program; Flow control.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p6
Reports on developments in United States legislative bills concerning municipal bonds and state and local finance as of December 17, 1999. Status of the proposed legislation; Comparison with existing laws.