Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla., Airport Faces Bond Obligation Risk
- Louisiana Preparing $400 Million of Debt to Aid Issuers Hurt by Katrina. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p6
The article reports on the $400 million of bonds prepared by Louisiana to hurricane-ravaged credits with their debt service payments. Such assistance is one of the factors Fitch Ratings analysts during a teleconference call highlighting what has happened, for the state and its issuers to recover...
- $2.7 million grant for Stewart approved. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p3
Reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation has approved two grants for Stewart International Airport in New Windsor, New York.
- Indianapolis airport gets grant for security. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p52
Reports on the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's awarding of a grant to the Indianapolis International Airport in Indiana, to enhance security and meet increasing federal mandates.
- Winooski, Vt., Eyes $18M in Garvee-Like Notes for Road Work. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p36
Reports that the town of Winooski in northern Vermont has leveraged future federal grant money for the upcoming road projects. Issuance of notes; Use of Garvee bonds at the state level; Sale of the notes.
- FLORIDA: $1.9B of Airport Debt OK'd. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/23/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32988, p9
The article reports on the $1.9 billion of aviation revenue bonds granted by the Miami-Dade County, Florida for the construction of Miami International Airport's improvement program. It states that the new debt is expected to be sold in various series and each will be approved individually by...
- Moratorium is extended in Oyster Bay. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/7/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p7A
Reports on the approval of the three-month extension of a moratorium by the Oyster Bay Town Board in Oyster Bay, New York. Creation of a redevelopment and revitalization plan; Formation of steering committee for the redevelopment; Amount of the Local Waterfront Revitalization Program grant.
- Air Plan OK'd. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p29
The article reports that Metropolitan Airports Commission committee last week gave its preliminary approval to a revised expansion plan for the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport that adds an additional $120 million in spending. The additions bring the cost of the project to nearly $1...
- Grant could land FYI low-fare airline. Cornell, Halley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/27/2003, Issue 323105, p1
Reports on Fresno Yosemite International Airport and the city of Fresno's pursuit of a federal grant that might allow them to attract a low-fare carrier. Request for a funding package provided through the U.S. Department of Transportation's Small Community Air Service Development Program; Use...
- Housing agencies look at collateralizing HOPE VI grants. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30644, p5
Focuses on housing agencies' move to take advantage of rules that allow bond issuance in conjunction with HOPE VI grants from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Expected growth in HOPE VI collateralization transactions; Effects of the provisions of the 1998 public...