Muni Tone Softens After Early Gains; Treasuries Slip on Oil Price Decline
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down, Thanks to Wary Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p29
Reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer's" yield index following a wary market facing high oil prices in the U.S. Reduction of the municipal bond yields in reaction to the July inflation number; Decrease of the consumer price index; Volatility of the economy.
- Munis Little Changed, But Underlying Tone Improves as Oil Prices Climb. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Reports on the impact of high oil prices on the bond market in the U.S. Effect of the oil price increase on the municipal bonds; Expectation of the bond market for the Federal Reserve Board to pause its tightening policy; Decline in the treasury yields.
- Munis End Slightly Up as Spreads On Hurricane Zone Paper Widen. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p2
Reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Detection of the slow trading of municipal bonds; Contribution of an increase in oil prices on the trading; Anticipation for rising credit risks in the Gulf Coast states.
- Prices Rise Ahead of Busy Week for Economic Data. Curran, William; Scarchill, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32367, p2
The article reports on the modest improvement of municipal bonds as oil prices decline in the U.S. Economic traders stated that yields declined by two or three basis points as prices increased. The bids in high-grade sector were strong backed by gains in Treasuries. The Federal Open Market...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis Gain From Treasury Boost As Payrolls Are Revised Downward. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the United States rose on August 6, 2004. Lead from Treasuries which surged when July non-farm payrolls rose 32,000; Downward revision of the June payrolls; Comments of Hugh Johnson, chief investment officer at First Albany Capital Inc.; Rally by the bond market...
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Munis End Stronger with Treasuries as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34438, p1
Municipal bonds were sharply stronger on Monday, traders said, with yields on top-rated maturities falling by as much as six basis points. Treasuries surged in a flight-to-quality bid while U.S. equities plunged in the wake of a stock market meltdown in China.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Miñana, Luis // Caribbean Business;9/1/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
Comments on stocks and stock performance in Puerto Rico as of September 2005. Effects of Hurricane Katrina on oil prices and the futures market; Trends in the equity market; Macroeconomic policy; Bond issuance.