- New Deals Steal Focus, But Yields Climb. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;6/6/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33726, p2
The article reports that despite higher muni and Treasury yields for the second consecutive trading session, new deals were received well in the trading market in the U.S. It is stated that munis were weaker while yields between the three- and 11-year rose one and two basis points. It is noted...
- Munis Slightly Firmer, Lag Treasury Rally. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32837, p2
The article reports on contributing factors to the firmer performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of March 17, 2008. Trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board were slightly firmer and the Treasury market showed gains, such as the yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- Weekly Indexes Rise as Treasury Gains Fail to Carry Over Into Munis. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/10/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32689, p7
The article reports on the rise in weekly yield indexes as the treasury gains failed to carry over into municipal bonds enough to wipe out losses in the U.S. The municipal market was largely unchanged despite a Treasury rally on lower-than-expected July 2007 non-farm payrolls. Tax-exempts were...
- Munis Weaker at a 'Scary Time' in Market. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33017, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal market as of December 5, 2008. It was weaker as traders said tax-exempt yields on the short to intermediate end were higher by two or three basis points while long-end yields were higher by about five to seven basis points. The...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, June 8. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Presents a table depicting data on government securities traded in the U.S. as of June 8, 2004. Prices of government securities; Performance of the municipal bond index; Total amount of municipal bonds.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of Shrinking New Issue Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
Municipal bonds were stronger in early action, according to traders, with yields on some maturities weakening by as much as five basis points.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of $2.1B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
Municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, as yields on some top-shelf maturities weakened by as much as five basis points.
- Friday's Data. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 101 4/32 to yield 2.12, up 10/3230-year: 102 21/32 to yield 2.87, up 23/32 Municipal BondIndex 127 8/32, up 12/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 12/14) Total: $4.323 billion, up $430.2 millionCompetitive: $1.369 billion, up $723.7...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p21
Several charts on municipal bond and Treasury market performance in March 2008 in the U.S., including securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and municipal bond index and prices.