NABL Issues Draft Report on Money Market Fund Eligibility
- Sluggish issuance, skimpy yields make synthentic VRDNs more attractive. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p8
Examines the performance of variable-rate demand notes and other money market funds in the United States as of October 23, 1998. Short-term yield curve; Municipal market data yield curves; Money market funds managed by BankBoston and Nuveen Advisory Corp.
- Tax-free money market funds. // Bond Buyer;11/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30525, p7
Provides information on the amount of tax-free money market funds and the short-term yield curves of Treasuries on November 18, 1998.
- Presuming the dark clouds are lifting, here's a scary thought:. MISKIN, DONNA // Treasury & Risk;Oct2009, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Richard Gamble on how treasuries are coping with liquidity shortages, and another by Russ Banham on proposed rules for money market funds and outlook for mergers and acquisitions.
- NABL Members Discuss ARS Turmoil in Conference Call. Ackerman, Andrew; Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32831, p6
Information about several papers discussed at the call conference sponsored by members of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) status of auction-rate securities market is presented. Topics include the released notice which highlights implication of the prevailing tax and securities...
- Korean firms agree to limit money-market fund flows. // Asian Investor;Apr2009, p4
The article reports on the limitation by funds division of self-regulatory Korea Financial Investment Association (Kofia) to new money market fund flows in South Korea in 2009. It states that Kofia's limitation intended to reduce institutional exposure to money market funds by 15%, to around...
- Web Watch. // Community Banker;Dec2001, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p48
Reports the launching of interactive Web site by the Federal Reserve Board in the United States. Promotion of economic education for understanding the role of federal reserves; Improvement of information resources available to educators and students; Topics of federal reserve education.
- Tax-Frees Gain Just $1.3B, Still Manage Record. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32946, p6
The article reports on the tax-free money market funds which gained just $1.3 billion during the week ending August 18, 2008. The funds gained $5.69 billion, bringing total assets to a record $527.06 billion while as of August 22, the average, seven-day yield for the 554 tax-exempt and municipal...
- San Bernardino Hunts For Investment Firm. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;11/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p3
The article reports that the County of San Bernardino is looking for an investment advisor to assist with the management of the county's $4.1 billion treasury pool. The county treasury pool distributes 51.8% of its assets to federal agencies, 5.2% to money market funds, 2.6% to repurchase...
- HIGH YIELDS, LOW RISK. Dunnan, Nancy // ABA Journal;Jun89, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p112
Lists investment options in the United States. Money market mutual funds; Certificates of deposits (CDs); Brokered CDs; U.S. Treasury bills; U.S. government short-term funds; Zero-coupon Treasuries; Treasury notes. INSETS: CD checklist;Funds v. bonds.