Bruce Serchuk Leaving Federal Government for Private Practice
- Catastrophe denied as Nixon Peabody weather exits. // Lawyer;6/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p9
The article reports on the insistence of law firm NIXON Peabody that the departure of its 14 partners is not catastrophic, and would have no impact on its growth strategy.
- Treasury, IRS Seem Open to Changes to Proposed Issue Price Rules. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/29/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34402, p1
Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service officials appeared open to modifying the proposed issue price rules they released in June, asking muni market group representatives at a public hearing Wednesday about their concerns and recommended changes.
- Unfinished Business for IRS, Treasury. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p1
The article focuses on the delay in the implementation of reforms on securities industry by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service. These regulations include tax reform and accounting legislation. The only regulation issued by the two agencies concerned guidance on...
- SIFMA: Alternative Issue Price Method 'Not Workable' As Proposed. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34380, p34
The article reveals that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's alternative method for determining issue price is not workable although the overall issue price rules proposed in June 2015 are a significant improvement over those proposed in 2013, according to the Securities Industry and Financial...
- IRS hires tax attorney as senior reviewer to bolster its bond enforcement area. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p9
Reports that Bruce M. Serchuk, a tax associate at the law firm Kutak Rock in Washington, D.C., will join the Internal Revenue Service as a senior technician reviewer in Branch 5 of the Financial Institutions & Products group starting August 3, 1998. Responsibilities; Career background; Education.
- IRS Rescinds Portion of Proposal For Cash Balance Plan Conversions. Clark, Margaret M. // HR Magazine;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p28
Deals with the decision of the U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service to withdrew portions of proposed regulations to govern conversions of traditional defined benefit pension plans to cash balance plans. Reason behind the decision; Stance of the Society for Human Resource...
- Treasury, IRS Seek Comments on Guidance Priorities. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;5/5/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p6
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to seek public comments on what municipal bond and other regulatory projects should be included on the 2009-2010 guidance priority list.
- Treasury, IRS Put TEFRA and Issue Price on Their Priority List. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;11/21/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33817, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Treasury Department and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service is released its priority guidance plan which includes guidance on arbitrage investment restrictions and issue price.
- IRS Seeks Comment on Arbitrage Restrictions. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;6/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33724, p6
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department to seek public comments on the arbitrage restrictions pertaining to tax-exempt bonds.