After Slow Start, Muni Trading Picks Up After Treasuries Firm
- Munis End Weaker Despite Treasury Gains. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/10/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33794, p2
In this article, the author discusses the fall of the municipal bond yield to the U.S. Department of the Treasury yield ratio to 94 per cent from 100 per cent on October 1, 2012. She mentions that the 10-year ratio has reached to 98.8 per cent from 104.9 per cent while 30-year ratio has dropped...
- Munis Quiet, Flat as Summer Lull Continues. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/24/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33171, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of August 21, 2009. It notes that the market remains unchanged because the summer doldrums continued to affect traders. It mentions that the Department of Treasury market posted significant losses for the day....
- Equity, Commodity Weakness Pushes Munis Up. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32387, p2
The article provides updates on the municipal and treasury bond market in the U.S. as of March 22, 2006. It has been noted that the municipal yield declined by one or two basis points as tax-exempt prices followed Treasuries higher in a firm start. And for the third time, the U.S. Treasury...
- Munis Soften, Treasuries Weaken; Eyes Look to More Positive Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. Performance of municipal bonds; Factors influencing the market's performance; Yield levels of cash bonds; Increase in bid-wanted activity; Auction of notes by the Treasury Department.
- 5 Top Bond Mutual Fund Categories Aren't The Biggest. DOUG ROGERS // Investors Business Daily;10/10/2014, p00
The top-performing bond mutual funds this year and for the past five years aren't the ones where
- Munis Unchanged; Goldman Sachs Prices $808M of NJ. EDA Bonds. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of August 13, 2004. Stability of the municipal bonds in the market; Improvement in the Treasury market after the Department of the Treasury decided to sale its 10-year notes; Decline in the initial job claims.
- It Was the Day After Christmas …. Campbell, Dankin // Bond Buyer;12/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32781, p2
The article reports developments related to the municipal and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ended December 26, 2007. It was observed that the municipal market was mostly unchanged at the end of the week, as many market participants remain on holiday. For the Treasury market, it...
- Munis Weaker Following Week of Instability. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32967, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The municipal market was weaker with more losses as new-issue volume was tremendously impacted by market instability. Several large negotiated deals were halted in light of the massive flight-to-quality...
- Indexes All Rise After Release of Key Economic Data. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p4
Reports on the growth of the Bond Buyer indexes for the period May 12 to August 4, 2005. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue bond index; Municipal bond index yield to maturity; U.S. Treasury Dept.'s announcement that it would begin reissuing the 30-year Treasury bond.