Shaggy dog, shaggy sofa
- Help the Canine Mind! Moran, Peggy // Dog World;Nov99, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p130
Probes into the mouthing or gnawing behavior of dogs. Reasons dogs gnaw or mouth their owner's hands; Advice to dog owners on how to respond to this behavior; Results of the dog's punishment and scolding.
- Your Dogs Know Your Face. // Dog World;Jul2011, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on a study conducted at the University of Padua in Italy on how dogs recognize their owners through their faces.
- Has the rule of law gone to the dogs? // Hub (Hay River, NT);6/5/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p4
The author reflects on the dog Loki's wild behaviour by stating that no one is really responsible for his behaviour as his owner is not known.
- BE A DOG WHISPERER. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2015, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p110
Article reports in "Animal Behaviour" that If you want to befriend a dog be in good terms with its owner, as per author Kazuo Fujita.
- Preparing dogs for an addition to the family. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/23/2013, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p304
The article offers information on a survey conducted by a charitable organization NCT which revealed the problems faced by dog owners in coping up with their new pet dog and the problems associated with preparation of dogs on arrival of new born babies in family.
- Thin White Line. // Time;8/24/1953, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the white circles painted by workers around telephone posts in Salisbury, England to protect them from dogs. A study is conducted by employees of the Post Office where they found that dogs will not cross a white line or go inside a white circle. However, when dog owners...
- Help the canine mind! Moran, Peggy // Dog World;Aug98, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p130
Presents how to introduce a new baby into a pet dog-owning home. Tips for having a good transition when dog owners bring home a baby; Boarding the dog for a few days; Enrolling the dog in a training class.
- On the Edge. M. CHRISTINE, ZINK // Dog World;Feb2012, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on how dog owners can read their dog's body language for signs of anxiety. It states that recognizing the early signs of anxiety is important to quickly treat and regain the happy-go-lucky attitude of dogs. It is suggested that when training anxious dogs, emotional punishment...
- Dangerous dogs in Minneapolis. Samuels, Don // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;8/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p2
The article provides information to dog owners in Minneapolis, Minnesota on how to take care of their pets to lessen their aggressive behaviors.